LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

Counter offer, McFaddden/Welker trade once again... Complicated

Counter offer, McFaddden/Welker trade once again... Complicated

• Chief
  • Veteran
So once again, my keepers are Matthew Stafford, Jamaal Charles, Wes Welker.

Trade

I get:
Darren McFadden
2012 2nd round pick #2 (14th overall)
2012 3rd round pick #11 (35th overall)

He gets:
2012 1st round pick #8 (8th overall)
2012 2nd round pick #5 (17th overall)
2012 4th round pick #5 (41st overall)
2012 6th round pick #5 (65th overall)
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Here is why this trade might happen... This guy only has two keepers in a money team because he f**ked up and kept Mendenhall and dropped him once he found out about injury or whatever. So basically he is trying to pick up an extra draft pick to make up for it.

This is my offer to him.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Question is do you think he's worth the 8th overall pick? If you do then do this trade.

I think its a fair trade for both sides
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Question is do you think he's worth the 8th overall pick? If you do then do this trade.

I think its a fair trade for both sides

With is being a keeper league and the shortage of RB's I feel he is worth it, but I am worried about injuries.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
With is being a keeper league and the shortage of RB's I feel he is worth it, but I am worried about injuries.

What other RBs are in the draft?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
What other RBs are in the draft?

Chris Johnson
Trent Richardson
Ryan Mathews
Fred Jackson
Frank Gore
Reggie Bush
DeMarco Murray
Ahmad Bradshaw
Shonn Greene

Those are the only "starters" I see in the draft pool. There are only three guys I would really want from that group, Chris Johnson, Trent Richardson and DeMarco Murry. Then there are the guys I would settle with if I had to or they dropped in the draft, Ryan Mathews, Fred Jackson, Frank Gore and Reggie Bush. The New York pair I am not interested in at all, Bradshaw and Greene can suck it.
[ Edited by Chief on Aug 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Chris Johnson
Trent Richardson
Ryan Mathews
Fred Jackson
Frank Gore
Reggie Bush
DeMarco Murray
Ahmad Bradshaw
Shonn Greene

Those are the only "starters" I see in the draft pool.

Ya I think id do it if I were you. Trent richardson and Chris Johnson won't last when you pick (8th, right?)
Ryan mathews is a bigger risk than Dmc imo
Id do it
Do it. Other than CJ2k, there seems to be a bit of a drop off. Seems like an equally fair trade to me
  • Garce
  • Veteran
do it.
i would do this in a heart beat.. even if you had the #1 pick.. Darren McFadden is wayyy more valueable healthy than CJ is IMO.. Yes there is a risk of him getting hurt and you have to take that risk to get high reward.. But something to take into account.. last season McFadden and Campbell both got hurt the the same week. So Carson Palmer and Mcfadden havent had the opportunity to play together. Palmer will dish it to him alot more than campbell did because campbell was mobile..
I honestly see Mcfadden easily having top 3 RB stats when hes healthy, which cross your finger is all year.. If not just have depth behind him. But if you play scared you will never win anyways...

here is how i see the trade broken down..

I get: Darren McFadden --------> with the draft pool shown this guy easily is top 3-5 off the board. You gave up pick #8 for this (+4 avg spots)
2012 2nd round pick #2 (14th overall) -----------> Traded #17 to move up to #14 ( +3 spots)
2012 3rd round pick #11 (35th overall) ---------> Traded #41 to move up 6 Spots to here. Only cost you 65th pick overall. (+6)

He gets: 2012 1st round pick #8 (8th overall)
2012 2nd round pick #5 (17th overall)
2012 4th round pick #5 (41st overall)
2012 6th round pick #5 (65th overall)

So all in all you moved up 13 spots in the draft over various positions and solidify yourself a top back better than anything you would get at #8. and all it costs you is #65 overall.. Take this deal, RUN RUN RUN and dont look back.. Steal IMO

Share 49ersWebzone