LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

trade question

Right now i have number two pick.Here's the question would u trade your 2,3 and 6 pick for the third overall pick,7 round pick and 16 round pick.If i did this u have to figure i would either have rice and foster or mccoy or one of the three either calvin or rodgers.Im really considering it but that mean i would not draft again until the fourth round still have my fifth,lose my sixth but have two sevens.Dont think it hurts me other then waiting agai to the 4 round.
[ Edited by diehardnyninerfan on Aug 2, 2012 at 1:54 PM ]
How's the scoring? If its 6 pts a TD for each position I would pick rice and rodgers
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for diehardnyninerfan.
Originally posted by YungAce:
How's the scoring? If its 6 pts a TD for each position I would pick rice and rodgers

yeah its six points and one point for every two receptions also.Think i could survive waiting to round four that's the only thing holding me back.
So..

You get: Round 1 (3rd Overall), Round 7, and Round16

You trade: Round 2, Round 3, Round 6

That's tough. If any of your top 2 picks get injured, you're essentially f**ked.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I dont think I'd do it..
Say you get Rodgers and Ray Rice in the 1st
You have to wait till round 4 to get another player (Im guessing you'd take the best available RB)
Then you have to wait till round 7 to get 2 receivers, a TE, etc?

I wouldn't do it. you'd have 2 great players and the rest of your roster will be meh.
Originally posted by YungAce:
So..

You get: Round 1 (3rd Overall), Round 7, and Round16

You trade: Round 2, Round 3, Round 6

That's tough. If any of your top 2 picks get injured, you're essentially f**ked.

Yeh i decided not to maybe years ago when i could,ve had lt and holmes but now its not worth it.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
if you go rice and mccoy then yes. In a heartbeat. if you are thinking about a QB then no.

You should still be able to grab a nice QB in round 4. then all you have to concentrate on is WR's

getting to stud RB's like Rice and McCoy is a WIN right there. and if you sub one of them with Foster caus e some knucklehead took a QB #1. then you are all but gauranteeed a playoff spot. Assuming you don't screw up your WR's but you can easily gett them with your 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th.

DO IT
Originally posted by krizay:
if you go rice and mccoy then yes. In a heartbeat. if you are thinking about a QB then no.

You should still be able to grab a nice QB in round 4. then all you have to concentrate on is WR's

getting to stud RB's like Rice and McCoy is a WIN right there. and if you sub one of them with Foster caus e some knucklehead took a QB #1. then you are all but gauranteeed a playoff spot. Assuming you don't screw up your WR's but you can easily gett them with your 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th.

DO IT

I dont know man the guy that wants to trade with me actuaally had both rice and mccoy last year via trades and drew brees and he still didn't win.Trust me he knows what hes doing this is my league i have been running for ten years and everyone has nicknamed him knowledge.Now he said he would do 2 and 3 just for my one and seven.He also offered me the trade in reverse his 2nd and third for my number one and seven.Dont know i will probably stand pat.P.s and no i was not even considering taking a quarterback.
[ Edited by diehardnyninerfan on Aug 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM ]
Hrmm honestly He seems likes he wants to make a trade... Offer him your 2, 3, 11 for his 1st round and 5th round and 14th

Then Draft like this 1st round - 2 of the top 4 RBs
4th rd - QB or WR BPA and depending on what position has more depth avail..
5th - his- if there is any other RBs left take one here, and yours- then see rd 4 and take opposite.
6th - take WR

the 11 and 14 doesnt really matter just filler or handcuffs anyways.. but dont let him control the trade offer. Counter something like i said.. or just straight up offer him 2nd and 3rd for 1st and 5th or 6th.. i would do that in a heart beat.. but i wouldnt the original you are giving up to much.
Share 49ersWebzone