LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Auction/Keeper opinions wanted

I've got a non-PPR auction league, 4pts for passing TDs but a point for every 25 yards passing. $200 auction budget. My relevant keeper options are:

I can keep three and Marshawn Lynch's arrest has made things a little easier but I'm having trouble deciding between Brady, Foster, Green and Gronk.

I'm thinking my Brady/Gronk hookup may be a lock. Do I keep Foster for another year at market value or get Green for dirt cheap and spend big money on a RB in the draft? Other opinions welcome.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
brady, gronk and foster
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I know Foster is great, but thats almost 1/4th of your budget
AJ Green for 10 would be a STEAL.

I'd consider going with Brady, Green, Gronk but it depends on what RB will be available in the draft and how much they'll cost.
AJ Green for $10 just seems like its too good to pass up

What RBs will be available?
I tend to agree with Mod.

Definitely need to find out what RBs are available before making this decision.
We don't have a keeper deadline set yet, draft isn't till the end of August. But yeah I will weigh who's available at draft time. Green would be nice to keep for 3-4 years at our keeper inflation rates if he produces, but Foster is the more proven commodity.
It would be very hard to give up Foster though, I must admit.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
It would be very hard to give up Foster though, I must admit.

Maybe I bail on Brady? Something else to consider I guess....
If you bail on Foster were you going to try and get a top back in the draft? Like Ray Rice, or Lashon Mccoy? If either of those are cheaper and available I would see either of those as good as Foster easily. Or are you going to get more like a Chris Johnson or Matt Forte?

Either way if you can get a decent RB in the first or second for cheaper I would definitely scrap Foster especially if you were only giving him up for Rice or Mccoy.
Originally posted by niners_guy:
I've got a non-PPR auction league, 4pts for passing TDs but a point for every 25 yards passing. $200 auction budget. My relevant keeper options are:

I can keep three and Marshawn Lynch's arrest has made things a little easier but I'm having trouble deciding between Brady, Foster, Green and Gronk.

I'm thinking my Brady/Gronk hookup may be a lock. Do I keep Foster for another year at market value or get Green for dirt cheap and spend big money on a RB in the draft? Other opinions welcome.

Brady,Foster, Green.

Thomas going for 18 and Green going for 10? What a joke....
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Brady,Foster, Green.

Thomas going for 18 and Green going for 10? What a joke....

Yeah, it's a young league with only 10 teams. Trying to get up to 12. I really am inclined to go with Brady, Gronk, Green for the long term potential of Green. Then trying to buy Foster again in the auction for 60-70.

If you think Green is a 30 auction value, and I have to spend 70 to get Foster back through the draft then I'm still up 10 overall.

Thats some crap that you have to pay market value in a keeper league. You should only be charged what you picked them up for the year before .. or at least the avg price between your bid and cost this year..

i agreee with everyone else Brady and Gronk are a lock.. Then depending if there is a fair # of RBs left.. or everyone but you is keeping RBs.. i would go for AJ. because that should put you up more money than them and would be able to get Arian back at a cheaper cost or money F another team .. there is plenty of guys out there.. McFadden ( 37 avg) sproles ave 28, shonn greene 14 , etc etc.. Be a bargain shopper.. and come auction time throw out guys you dont want but will make big bucks getting other to spend their money.. the longer your player hasnt been thrown out the better chance you have and getting him cheaper.
Yeah, I still think Brady Gronk and Green are the way to go. Gives you much more flexibility cap wise. Green is such a bargain for ya.
Originally posted by Fricker:
Thats some crap that you have to pay market value in a keeper league. You should only be charged what you picked them up for the year before .. or at least the avg price between your bid and cost this year..

i agreee with everyone else Brady and Gronk are a lock.. Then depending if there is a fair # of RBs left.. or everyone but you is keeping RBs.. i would go for AJ. because that should put you up more money than them and would be able to get Arian back at a cheaper cost or money F another team .. there is plenty of guys out there.. McFadden ( 37 avg) sproles ave 28, shonn greene 14 , etc etc.. Be a bargain shopper.. and come auction time throw out guys you dont want but will make big bucks getting other to spend their money.. the longer your player hasnt been thrown out the better chance you have and getting him cheaper.

Rather than giving you the player at the cost of the year before there is an inflation rate charged for every year kept.It's not so much that I have to pay market value, but the fact that he cost 57 last year and the inflation rate on players in that price range is +3. So the better deal you got on him in the year he was drafted, the longer you're going to keep him if he performs at a high level. I kind of like that it encourages throwning back some of the top players into the pool rather than keeping them.
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Rather than giving you the player at the cost of the year before there is an inflation rate charged for every year kept.It's not so much that I have to pay market value, but the fact that he cost 57 last year and the inflation rate on players in that price range is +3. So the better deal you got on him in the year he was drafted, the longer you're going to keep him if he performs at a high level. I kind of like that it encourages throwning back some of the top players into the pool rather than keeping them.

not me.. what ever i paid for the guy the year before.. Puts him in contract with my team.. This is like saying hes holding out this season unless we pay him more money. I would throw him back just for holding out what a dick.
Share 49ersWebzone