LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 149 users in the forums

NFL: Your #1 Pick (Draft Strategy Thread)

Originally posted by Garcia:

What was your strategy?

Most NFL.com leagues are set up this way. I like it

• Garce
  • Veteran
^^^

in PPR leagues, Sproles is a top 10 player so that is a great pick.
That's a pretty solid lineup, hopefully finley and miles austin can play to their potential.

what do you guys think of dez bryant this year?
I like Dez Bryant as a very solid high end #2 WR that could definetely have #1 WR upside, one thing about Dallas and Tony Romo is that they will be throwing the ball a lot and I think Bryant will be his main target this season. He should be able to break the 1,000 yd mark this season barring any injuries.

Overall I would say he is a Top 20 WR, and if I can grab him in the 4th-5th rounds i'd be happy.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Here is my first auction draft. I have 4 stud players and the rest are meh.
I didn't get my first pick, it auto'd $60 for Ray Rice, which in a $200 budget is a LOT. Not sure how I feel about it. I was pretty aggressive overall so my team is pretty weak outside my super stars.

QB Cam Newton $32
RB Ray Rice $61
RB Beanie Wells $12
WR Andre Johnson $35
WR Randy Moss $1
TE Rob Gronkowski $32
Flex Toby Gerhart $6
K Janikowski $1
Texans D $2

Bench
Alex Smith $1
Anquan Boldin $6
Rashard Mendenhall $2 (forgot he tor his acl week 17, he says he will be ready by week 1, but doubtful )
Greg Little $1
LaMichael James $1
Greg Little WR $1
Owen Daniels TE $1

What do yall think?
^ no Tebow doe???

Also stats don't matter but wins do. That is why you should start Alex over Cam.
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Jul 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
^ no Tebow doe???

Also stats don't matter but wins do. That is why you should start Alex over Cam.

Someone did draft tebow for $1.

Sanchez didn't get drafted lololol
So what do you guys think about drafting Peyton Manning? A lot of people are drafting him early 7th round, if he can perform to even close to what he was before the injury, he could be the biggest steal of the draft or great trade bait if you already grabbed one of the Elites.

Would anyone here take a pick on Manning?
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
Here is my first auction draft. I have 4 stud players and the rest are meh.
I didn't get my first pick, it auto'd $60 for Ray Rice, which in a $200 budget is a LOT. Not sure how I feel about it. I was pretty aggressive overall so my team is pretty weak outside my super stars.

QB Cam Newton $32
RB Ray Rice $61
RB Beanie Wells $12
WR Andre Johnson $35
WR Randy Moss $1
TE Rob Gronkowski $32
Flex Toby Gerhart $6
K Janikowski $1
Texans D $2

Bench
Alex Smith $1
Anquan Boldin $6
Rashard Mendenhall $2 (forgot he tor his acl week 17, he says he will be ready by week 1, but doubtful )
Greg Little $1
LaMichael James $1
Greg Little WR $1
Owen Daniels TE $1

What do yall think?

Wells is poo poo, might have been better off getting a better rb instead of gronk, but gronk might get more tds than any rb you could have got, idk
Did anyone take a guy named Ronnie hillman? If not pick him up he should be starting in Denver before you know it of he plays to his potential
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fricker:
Did anyone take a guy named Ronnie hillman? If not pick him up he should be starting in Denver before you know it of he plays to his potential

He's a good sleeper pick

Originally posted by eamjr10:
So what do you guys think about drafting Peyton Manning? A lot of people are drafting him early 7th round, if he can perform to even close to what he was before the injury, he could be the biggest steal of the draft or great trade bait if you already grabbed one of the Elites.

Would anyone here take a pick on Manning?

I honestly have no clue what to make of Manning this season. I don't think he'll come close to his production from his Indy years and he is one hit away from being done. That being said, I hate to count out a guy of his stature.
What do you guys think about kenny britt this year after coming back from a season ending injury
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
I honestly have no clue what to make of Manning this season. I don't think he'll come close to his production from his Indy years and he is one hit away from being done. That being said, I hate to count out a guy of his stature.

I think in an Auction Draft, Nominating Peyton Manning would be a great strategy.

It provides two potential outcomes

1. You nominate Peyton, and you get him pretty cheap, $1-$15.
2. Other People outbid you and overpay for one of the more riskier players in the draft, leaving less competition for the elite QBs
  • Garce
  • Veteran
got another auction draft coming up. ^^^^^putting this strategy to the test, pick #2, nominating peyton and going for some RBs
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Here are my results from 1 mock draft I just did

1. Ray Rice (Bal - RB)
2. A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
3. Michael Turner (Atl - RB)
4. Peyton Manning (Den - QB)
5. Dwayne Bowe (KC - WR)
6. San Francisco (SF - DEF)
7. Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)
8. Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE)
9. Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
10. Dan Bailey (Dal - K)
11. Michael Crabtree (SF - WR)
12. Doug Baldwin (Sea - WR)
13. Laurent Robinson (Jac - WR)
14. LaMichael James (SF - RB)
15. Ryan Williams (Ari - RB)
-----------------------------------------------
QB Peyton Manning
RB Ray Rice
RB Michael Turner
WR AJ Green
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Reggie Wayne
TE Tony Gonzalez
D/ST 49ers
K Dan Bailey

Bench
Ben Roethlisberger
Michael Crabtree
Doug Baldwin
Laurent Robinson
LaMichael James
Ryan Williams

What do you guys think?
I went RB first in this draft. I had the #2 pick. I like this team more than this one:

I went QB first in this one and drafted Brees with the 6th pick in the 1st round.

1. Drew Brees (NO - QB)
2. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
3. A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
4. Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
5. Dwayne Bowe (KC - WR)
6. Fred Davis (Was - TE)
7. DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
8. Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)
9. Stephen Gostkowski (NE - K)
10. Stevan Ridley (NE - RB)
11. Michael Crabtree (SF - WR)
12. Nate Washington (Ten - WR)
13. Alex Smith (SF - QB)
14. Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
15. Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
-------------------------------------------
QB Drew Brees
RB Matt Forte
RB Deangelo Williams
WR AJ Green
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Dwayne Bowe
TE Fred Davis
D/ST Pittsburgh
K Stephen Gostkowski

Bench
Stevan Ridley
Michael Crabtree
Nate Washington
Alex Smith
Greg Olson

I like going RB first, I think there's just more quality QBs available later in rounds than RBs. Especially since most leagues have 2 RBs and 1 QB, its easier to get 2 quality RBs and 1 QB by going RB first but there are very few elite QBs.

I still don't know what I'd do in a real draft if say Aaron Rodgers or Ray Rice are there and I have the 2nd pick. Too hard to choose lol
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone