LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

NFL: Your #1 Pick (Draft Strategy Thread)

I have never done an Auction draft, it seems kind of interesting though.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I know this isnt draft strategy but what do you guys think about this
My team right now in a dynasty leage is
Robert Griffin III
RB Chris Rainey
RB Ben Tate
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Nate Washington
WR Emmanuel Sanders
TE Jason Witten
I have Mike Goodson, Santana Moss, Devon Wylie, Delanie Walker, Joel Dressen on my bench

DL Jabaal Sheard
DL Darnell Dockett
DL Jay Ratliff
LB London Fletcher
LB Leroy Hill
LB Perry Riley
LB/DL Tamba Hali
DB Brandon Carr
DB Jimmy Smith
DB Earl Thomas
DB Quentin Jammer

with Adam Carricker, Shaun Phillips, Taylor Mays on my bench

So my problem is I dont have good enough RBs to compete with top competition. But I have 45 mill free in cap space
Darren Sproles is a free agent but he's going for 77 mill right now (you get to choose the years after you sign him, up to 5 years)

You guys think he's worth 20+ mill per year for me to use on him?

he was 5th in my league in points by the way, And I have a bunch of cap room
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 14, 2012 at 9:13 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
I know this isnt draft strategy but what do you guys think about this
My team right now in a dynasty leage is
Robert Griffin III
RB Chris Rainey
RB Ben Tate
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Nate Washington
WR Emmanuel Sanders
TE Jason Witten
I have Mike Goodson, Santana Moss, Devon Wylie, Delanie Walker, Joel Dressen on my bench

DL Jabaal Sheard
DL Darnell Dockett
DL Jay Ratliff
LB London Fletcher
LB Leroy Hill
LB Perry Riley
LB/DL Tamba Hali
DB Brandon Carr
DB Jimmy Smith
DB Earl Thomas
DB Quentin Jammer

with Adam Carricker, Shaun Phillips, Taylor Mays on my bench

So my problem is I dont have good enough RBs to compete with top competition. But I have 45 mill free in cap space
Darren Sproles is a free agent but he's going for 77 mill right now (you get to choose the years after you sign him, up to 5 years)

You guys think he's worth 20+ mill per year for me to use on him?

he was 5th in my league in points by the way, And I have a bunch of cap room

da fuq?
Is Darren Sproles the best RB available? Or are there other RBs that will get significant touches?

It's always hard to gauge a league that in-depth as an outsider...so many more factors than a standard league
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
da fuq?

lol i know. I just took over this team and this dude had Clinton Portis starting at RB for him
probably wasnt an active owner.

So I took rainey late in the rookie draft and traded for Ben Tate
now Im considering giving 20+ mill per year to sproles..who was #5 in points by RBs

Right now hes going for like 24 mill per year in auctions. Not sure I want to give that but I have a s**t load of cap space
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Is Darren Sproles the best RB available? Or are there other RBs that will get significant touches?

It's always hard to gauge a league that in-depth as an outsider...so many more factors than a standard league

Hes the best RB available by far, no other RBs that will get significant touches are available
Players like Ronnie Brown and Mike Goodson who i Just won were the best available.

Goodson is kinda a sleeper, I got him for just a mill per year. If/when McFadden goes down he might get some touches

keep in mind this is a 24 team league lol
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 14, 2012 at 9:19 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
lol i know. I just took over this team and this dude had Clinton Portis starting at RB for him
probably wasnt an active owner.

So I took rainey late in the rookie draft and traded for Ben Tate
now Im considering giving 20+ mill per year to sproles..who was #5 in points by RBs

Right now hes going for like 24 mill per year in auctions. Not sure I want to give that but I have a s**t load of cap space

I never have seen a fantasy operation like this.

BUT, Sproles was damn good last year. If it's PPReception scoring, then ABSOLUTELY. But either way you may have to pull the trigger on this one, if he is the best available.

Who else is available?
I think Brown will get some touches in San Diego around the goal line but obviously not a number one guy or even close to Sproles.

It's obvious you need a RB, so if you have the cap room then I would grab him...or hit the trading block.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I think Brown will get some touches in San Diego around the goal line but obviously not a number one guy or even close to Sproles.

It's obvious you need a RB, so if you have the cap room then I would grab him...or hit the trading block.

I think I'm just gona overpay for sproles. Oh well

BUT, Sproles was damn good last year. If it's PPReception scoring, then ABSOLUTELY. But either way you may have to pull the trigger on this one, if he is the best available.

Who else is available?

No one else that'll get much touches. Ronnie Brown is probably the nxt best. And then a bunch of 3rd and 4th string rbs and fullbacks
  • Garce
  • Veteran

I think I'm just gona overpay for sproles. Oh well

Who else is available?

No one else that'll get much touches. Ronnie Brown is probably the nxt best. And then a bunch of 3rd and 4th string rbs and fullbacks

Is it PPR league?

In this situation the value of a player is determined by the needs of a team, if you don't think you can upgrade your RBs by trading then it's pretty much the only option you have...unless you just want to bite the bullet and see what happens with your current guys.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
In this situation the value of a player is determined by the needs of a team, if you don't think you can upgrade your RBs by trading then it's pretty much the only option you have...unless you just want to bite the bullet and see what happens with your current guys.

You're right. But I tried trading for a RB earlier but everyone wanted Bowe which would make my WR group kinda weak. I think I'm just gonna throw a lot of money at sproles and see what happens

Rg3
Sproles
Ben Tate
Dwayne Bowe
E. Sanders
Nate Washington
Jason witten

With Goodson, rainey, santana Moss, Devon Wylie, Delanie, and Dressen on the bench is solid I think
Especially in a 24 team league
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 14, 2012 at 10:04 AM ]
I got first overall pick in one league and I am debating rather I go with Rodgers/McCoy
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I got first overall pick in one league and I am debating rather I go with Rodgers/McCoy

It's so hard not to pick Rodgers... man.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Id go with Rodgers..
Andy Reid said they plan on limiting McCoy's workload cause he thought they overrused him last season
Share 49ersWebzone