LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

why would you trade the best player on your roster in a KEEPER MONEY LEAGUE for a 5th round pick?

Michael Vick may not even finish the season as a starter
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
It's amusing how, regardless of which side of a trade I'm on (buying or selling), my trades get rejected by rabbit and John.

I mean, I like you guys and I don't take any of this personally.

When I sell away a s**tty Adam Wainwright and Jon Lester and obtain a 1st round pick, suddenly they are "premeir pitchers" and I'm not getting enough value for them. Even though you guys claimed I was getting raped in that deal.... in hindsight I would have won that trade but its impact would have been minimal on the outcome of the league.

And now, when I swap Vick for Brady at the cost a 1st round pick and a 6th round pick....I'm getting too much in return lol.

I think you guys need to be consistent in your evaluation of trades involving future draft picks or you need to ban the trading of all future draft picks.

One or the other. But just be consistent.
in my opinion there's nothing unfair about that trade but I'm curious to know if he knew that wasn't a true first round pick
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
in my opinion there's nothing unfair about that trade but I'm curious to know if he knew that wasn't a true first round pick

Mod has played in webzone keeper leagues before. He's not a noob. He knows what he's doing.
hey if anyone of you guys going to the game tomorrow hit me up... I will make my first appearance at Candlestick. PM or Text me. I am a good dude.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
why would you trade the best player on your roster in a KEEPER MONEY LEAGUE for a 5th round pick?

Michael Vick may not even finish the season as a starter

Originally posted by crzy:
It's amusing how, regardless of which side of a trade I'm on (buying or selling), my trades get rejected by rabbit and John.

I mean, I like you guys and I don't take any of this personally.

When I sell away a s**tty Adam Wainwright and Jon Lester and obtain a 1st round pick, suddenly they are "premeir pitchers" and I'm not getting enough value for them. Even though you guys claimed I was getting raped in that deal.... in hindsight I would have won that trade but its impact would have been minimal on the outcome of the league.

And now, when I swap Vick for Brady at the cost a 1st round pick and a 6th round pick....I'm getting too much in return lol.

I think you guys need to be consistent in your evaluation of trades involving future draft picks or you need to ban the trading of all future draft picks.

One or the other. But just be consistent.

I just hate keeper leagues in a money league. I know that you wouldnt do this but what is to prevent someone from trading future picks for stars, winning the league and the pot, and then simply dropping out the next year. Really, nothing.

That is a horrible trade for Mod. Just saying. With 4 keepers a 1st round pick is really a 50th ranked player. Pretty sure that Tom Brady is worth more than that.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Oct 17, 2012 at 8:33 AM ]
I don't like trades getting rejected in a league where everyone knows each other. IMO, trades should only be rejected if there's a conspiracy to make one team better. Bad trades happen. I'm very much against the rejection of this deal.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I don't like trades getting rejected in a league where everyone knows each other. IMO, trades should only be rejected if there's a conspiracy to make one team better. Bad trades happen. I'm very much against the rejection of this deal.

probably the best argument out there

while we have your attention, what are your thoughts on this:

here's something I would like to discuss

I'm the kind of person that thinks those who don't make the playoffs (and accordingly, those who don't advance to the semifinals) have no business picking up guys off the WW during that time. It's always driven me crazy when I'm trying to move on in the playoffs and some start RB goes down and his backup is in the WW and I lose out on picking him up because John Smith wanted to win his matchup for 11th place . Honestly, it would piss me off even more if it ended up costing me money, so ...

what do you guys think about this? Should there be a gentleman's agreement that those who no longer have a chance to win any kind of money stay away from picking up WW players?

For: vrabbit, rose, NJ, crzy, jrg

Against: Ron, SDN, MBC
I agree that those who aren't in the playoffs shouldn't have access to the waiver wire.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I just hate keeper leagues in a money league. I know that you wouldnt do this but what is to prevent someone from trading future picks for stars, winning the league and the pot, and then simply dropping out the next year. Really, nothing.

This is a fair point.

And I'm not against putting rules in place to at least regulate trades involving future draft picks. Or eliminating all trades involving future draft picks if the majority decides to.

As long as trading draft picks is allowed, however, I have no choice but to make a trade like this when it gives me a better chance at the crown this year. I have to take advantage of that opportunity since my team isn't good enough, as currently constructed, to win it all.

This is a fair point.

And I'm not against putting rules in place to at least regulate trades involving future draft picks. Or eliminating all trades involving future draft picks if the majority decides to.

As long as trading draft picks is allowed, however, I have no choice but to make a trade like this when it gives me a better chance at the crown this year. I have to take advantage of that opportunity since my team isn't good enough, as currently constructed, to win it all.

Wait... aren't you undefeated in this league? Not sure how you can say your team isnt good enough.

This is a fair point.

I completely understand the trade from your side, but I don't understand it from mod's. At the very least Brady, the 10th overall pick in this draft, is worth way more than what he's getting in return.

Nevermind that mod is actually only 2 games out of playoff spot right now. Let's argue that he's making this trade for the future: Brady is THE most important asset that he has looking at next season, and he's giving it up for what will probably be a 55th-60th overall pick. Vick is worth way less than the 44th pick where he was selected this year.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

This is a fair point.

Wait... aren't you undefeated in this league? Not sure how you can say your team isnt good enough.

Come on, we both know that's a function of fortunate scheduling.

My team is like the San Francisco 49ers. I'm among four or five squads that could win it all, but my team is also full of holes that need to be fixed.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
And let's not all conveniently forget that Tom Brady is 36 years old next season.
And let's not all conveniently forget that Tom Brady is 36 years old next season.

you're so reaching
Share 49ersWebzone