There are 170 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

Originally posted by vrabbit:
here's something I would like to discuss

I'm the kind of person that thinks those who don't make the playoffs (and accordingly, those who don't advance to the semifinals) have no business picking up guys off the WW during that time. It's always driven me crazy when I'm trying to move on in the playoffs and some start RB goes down and his backup is in the WW and I lose out on picking him up because John Smith wanted to win his matchup for 11th place . Honestly, it would piss me off even more if it ended up costing me money, so ...

what do you guys think about this? Should there be a gentleman's agreement that those who no longer have a chance to win any kind of money stay away from picking up WW players?

No. If there is a game to be played, you are free to do a waiver pick up no matter if you are playing for 11th place or 1st place.

that's pretty all or nothing

I think Givens will get at least 50 yards recieving, so not quite nothing. I'd say he will get 50-100 yards recieving and 0-1 TD. My team is decimated...
Conejo you are trippin

no way
Originally posted by redrose49er:

I'm the kind of person that thinks those who don't make the playoffs (and accordingly, those who don't advance to the semifinals) have no business picking up guys off the WW during that time. It's always driven me crazy when I'm trying to move on in the playoffs and some start RB goes down and his backup is in the WW and I lose out on picking him up because John Smith wanted to win his matchup for 11th place . Honestly, it would piss me off even more if it ended up costing me money, so ...

what do you guys think about this? Should there be a gentleman's agreement that those who no longer have a chance to win any kind of money stay away from picking up WW players?

Fine by me but when/where do you draw the line? A team outside contention can still affect the standings of the top teams by beating/losing to them. Say I'm 8th (and out of contention for a playoff place) going into the next to last week and I'm up against the 3rd place team. I'm certain the 2nd and 4th place teams would want me to pick up that WW RB and keep the matchup alive. However, once the playoffs begin it should be competing teams in the Championship bracket only on the wire, no doubt.

I agree with everything in your post

Fine by me but when/where do you draw the line? A team outside contention can still affect the standings of the top teams by beating/losing to them. Say I'm 8th (and out of contention for a playoff place) going into the next to last week and I'm up against the 3rd place team. I'm certain the 2nd and 4th place teams would want me to pick up that WW RB and keep the matchup alive. However, once the playoffs begin it should be competing teams in the Championship bracket only on the wire, no doubt.

I got ripped in the baseball league when I criticized 4ML for doing this exact thing. I dont remember either of you backing me up on that by the way?? In any case, teams should be picking up players and being competitive UNTIL the playoffs start. Then, only the playoff teams should be making any waiver wire claims.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Oct 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I got ripped in the baseball league when I criticized 4ML for doing this exact thing. I dont remember either of you backing me up on that by the way?? In any case, teams should be picking up players and being competitive UNTIL the playoffs start. Then, only the playoff teams should be making any waiver wire claims.

stop being a cry baby

thanks for backing me up

stop being a cry baby

thanks for backing me up

Ha! You have no chance in here anyway so I dont even know why you are bringing this up. LOL No problem though. I always have your back.

stop being a cry baby

thanks for backing me up

Ha! You have no chance in here anyway so I dont even know why you are bringing this up. LOL No problem though. I always have your back.

you ass
you ass

I dont like you anymore. You didnt even wish me Happy Birthday. My feelings are so hurt. LOL
you ass

I dont like you anymore. You didnt even wish me Happy Birthday. My feelings are so hurt. LOL

oh snap!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/168143-happy-birthday-ninerjohn/#post1
oh snap!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/168143-happy-birthday-ninerjohn/#post1

LOL Thanks Rabbit!

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
It's simple. Teams not in the playoffs should be banned from picking up players.
Originally posted by crzy:
It's simple. Teams not in the playoffs should be banned from picking up players.

Exactly right

For: vrabbit, rose, NJ, crzy, jrg

Against: Ron, SDN, MBC
[ Edited by vrabbit on Oct 14, 2012 at 10:02 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Count me in as agreeing w/ you vrabbit. Non playoff teams should not be able to add players once they are eliminated. They should not be able to DROP players either (so other playoff teams can pick them up).
Originally posted by jrg:
Count me in as agreeing w/ you vrabbit. Non playoff teams should not be able to add players once they are eliminated. They should not be able to DROP players either (so other playoff teams can pick them up).

agreed
Share 49ersWebzone