There are 136 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Are we still allowing trades? There's 3 weeks left in the regular season.

Trade deadline is 11/15
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I am putting Eddie Lacy on the trade block... If you want a RB to make a deep run in the playoffs then here you go. I am expecting no less than a 1st round pick though. Do not send me anything stupid. My season is basically over and decided on keeping Brady, Green, and Martin.

Erick Decker is also available.

Nobody will trade for him. I'll draft him with my first muahahahah
Tavon Austin, come on down!!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

You should keep him IMO
Originally posted by YungAce:
I am putting Eddie Lacy on the trade block... If you want a RB to make a deep run in the playoffs then here you go. I am expecting no less than a 1st round pick though. Do not send me anything stupid. My season is basically over and decided on keeping Brady, Green, and Martin.

I am just saying if you need a RB bad enough and do not feel like your in playoff contention then someone can make me an offer. I will listen to any offer being sent. I do not see the Packers putting a whole lot of trust in Tolzien and facing the Giants, Vikings, Falcons, and Cowboys ending out the FF season he can be heavily favored to lean upon. Call it what you want but Lacy is an excellent play for the coming weeks. I have him in two other leagues as well. HE WILL GET HIS TOUCHES! Those defenses have struggled to stop the run. Think about it!
Originally posted by YungAce:

I am just saying if you need a RB bad enough and do not feel like your in playoff contention then someone can make me an offer. I will listen to any offer being sent. I do not see the Packers putting a whole lot of trust in Tolzien and facing the Giants, Vikings, Falcons, and Cowboys ending out the FF season he can be heavily favored to lean upon. Call it what you want but Lacy is an excellent play for the coming weeks. I have him in two other leagues as well. HE WILL GET HIS TOUCHES! Those defenses have struggled to stop the run. Think about it!

I dont know man. WHy wouldnt teams focus on stopping Lacy when Scott Tolzien is their QB. Lacy was a MUCH better play when the Packers were balanced and teams had to focus first on stopping Aaron Rogers. He will be good but I dont know about being a RB1 right now.

This. f**k this s**t. People tanking for picks. f**k that.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Exactly. What is this.. the NBA?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I've already spoken my piece on this before. I oppose trading picks during the season. I did it on my accidental trade, but any trade I intentionally accept during a season will never involve a pick. IMO its not the way a gentleman plays the game.

I just think trading a pick for a player during a season is far too imbalanced for that given year. Plus I think it goes fundamentally against the unwritten rule of never intentionally tank in fantasy sports.

I mean if trading picks is permissible, then why shouldn't the bottom 4 teams intentionally create the worst roster possible (and although my record says I'm doing this, I assure you I am not intentionally doing it). Either playing to increase your draft position is permissible or its not.

I just don't get it. I think trading picks during a season just ruins the sense of fair play in fantasy sports. Its made even worse because really we don't know if people will stick around year-in and year-out. If a person makes bad trades and then quits, it screws up the entire league.

Edit: To give you a hypothetical situation, if I trade McCoy to LA for his 1st round pick, how is that any different from me just putting McCoy on my bench to make sure I get the first pick.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 12, 2013 at 4:08 PM ]

I've already spoken my piece on this before. I oppose trading picks during the season. I did it on my accidental trade, but any trade I intentionally accept during a season will never involve a pick. IMO its not the way a gentleman plays the game.

I just think trading a pick for a player during a season is far too imbalanced for that given year. Plus I think it goes fundamentally against the unwritten rule of never intentionally tank in fantasy sports.

I mean if trading picks is permissible, then why shouldn't the bottom 4 teams intentionally create the worst roster possible (and although my record says I'm doing this, I assure you I am not intentionally doing it). Either playing to increase your draft position is permissible or its not.

I just don't get it. I think trading picks during a season just ruins the sense of fair play in fantasy sports. Its made even worse because really we don't know if people will stick around year-in and year-out. If a person makes bad trades and then quits, it screws up the entire league.

Edit: To give you a hypothetical situation, if I trade McCoy to LA for his 1st round pick, how is that any different from me just putting McCoy on my bench to make sure I get the first pick.

This is certainly a valid point in a money league. One could trade their first, 2nd, and 3rd rd picks for next year to load up, win this year and collect the money, and then walk away. I am not saying that will happen but its a possibility.

I'm not a big fan of trading picks during the season either. There is the off season to move players for picks but during the year I would just prefer players for players.

This is certainly a valid point in a money league. One could trade their first, 2nd, and 3rd rd picks for next year to load up, win this year and collect the money, and then walk away. I am not saying that will happen but its a possibility.

I'm not a big fan of trading picks during the season either. There is the off season to move players for picks but during the year I would just prefer players for players.

I see what you guys are saying and John you make a valid point of saying that about someone walking away with money after you have the loaded draft. Look like I said this was my first keeper league and that is what I have seen being done so I figured what the hell. If people do not want to do it then that is fine. I can ride it out and mad dog it like a man. If I see someone is willing to trade me their first for a RB though I am going to take it. I have no bad intentions what so ever. If we need to put a stop to trading for picks then that is fine with me.
what are u cheatin homos doin?
I agree with those who oppose trading picks during the regular season. Of course that change will have to take place after this fantasy season. I own Rubber's 2nd from a fair trade earlier in the season
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
If you're going to make this a keeper league, then I don't see how you can ban trading picks during the season.

Why not just make this a re-draft league then?
Share 49ersWebzone