There are 154 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

My third is still on the table crzy!
Originally posted by crzy:
There should be some kind of penalty going forward. Because it's BS.

such as?

Crazy, did you PM Sun and discuss the deal or just put up the offer on Yahoo? Because.. if there was any type of discussion then I would be on your side. However, when there is a clear case that Sun simply didnt see the swap of draft picks I feel like it was an honest mistake. No penalty is needed. Just a simple void.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:

such as?

Something involving a forefeited pick in the following year's draft.

I'm serious. You can't have people accepting trades and then saying "my bad" if you're playing for money.

If this was a free league, then I wouldn't be trippin.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Crazy, did you PM Sun and discuss the deal or just put up the offer on Yahoo? Because.. if there was any type of discussion then I would be on your side. However, when there is a clear case that Sun simply didnt see the swap of draft picks I feel like it was an honest mistake. No penalty is needed. Just a simple void.

No penalty this time. I mean going forward so we make sure it doesn't happen again.
No penalty this time. I mean going forward so we make sure it doesn't happen again.

In the future, you should just offer trades to NC49erFan82 to ensure that the terrible decision making isn't accidental.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

In the future, you should just offer trades to NC49erFan82 to ensure that the terrible decision making isn't accidental.

That is just so wrong.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Not cool. This is a money league. People should pay attention to what they're doing.

I disagree that this trade should be vetoed for any reason.

While I agree that people should pay attention, it was obviously a clear case of not seeing the pick. No one with a 1-5 record is going to deal their first rd pick the next year unless that player is a complete fantasy stud ( which Rice isnt these days).

I agree. Crzy you're not going to run into modninerfans every year, this trade smelled stupidity from the get-go on SDN's end and I'm inclined to believe he didn't notice the 1st rounder in the trade. It'd make sense if a contending team made this trade, but not someone who just barely won his first matchup in week 6.

This should serve as notice to EVERYONE that we really need to pay attention before we approve deals.

I had no idea you could trade picks through Yahoo, plus you can go back pages where I protested against trading any picks during the season and thought it would be a good rule to prevent this to stop the "fire sale" of teams.

I realized I traded the pick when I saw Ron Mexico's post.

It was just an honest dumb drunken mistake. I had just got back from the bar watching Indy-SD.

There was no discussion.

Something involving a forefeited pick in the following year's draft.

I'm serious. You can't have people accepting trades and then saying "my bad" if you're playing for money.

If this was a free league, then I wouldn't be trippin.

Because its a money league I'd be rather upset if there is a penalty associated with my mistake. Your basically saying the value of my buy in should be decreased when there is no harm being done.

Whats the harm in this trade being nullified? How does that hurt your teams competitiveness?

I understand you want the trade to go through to nab a top 3 pick, but the trade being wiped out doesn't hurt your team as it is currently.

Edit: I have to think you knew the trade was a joke, I mean you had a 15th round pick in there.

There isn't even 15 rounds in the draft!
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM ]
And I'm totally aware it was really dumb mistake on my part. There's a reason why I'm bottom feeding right now

But hey look on the bright side guys, you get to take my money next year!

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Read above sundevil. Fine it's a mistake this time. I'm just saying going forward that anyone who mistakenly accepts a trade and then has that trade canceled should be penalized a mid round draft pick simply to prevent this situation from ever happening again.

If you don't want a trade then don't accept the trade. Its simple.

I'm not cool with "Oops my bad' trade cancellations
sooo what if he was ok with it but the rest of the league wasn't and it was vetoed?

how would you feel
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Ray Rice for Kendall Hunter? ummm okay

Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Ray Rice for Kendall Hunter? ummm okay

lol, I'm never going to live this down
Originally posted by RonMexico:
sooo what if he was ok with it but the rest of the league wasn't and it was vetoed?

how would you feel

oh not again ...
Share 49ersWebzone