LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I do not pick up players off waivers and then drop them later in the week just to keep them off other people's rosters.

Yes, I do currently have two defenses...the Rams and the Jets. But, I do not know which team is the better play and therefore will carry both on my roster until game time.

I didn't even make any waiver claims this week.

I dropped Davone Bess this morning. If anyone wants him, he'll clear waivers by Saturday.

Yes, I do make a lot of roster moves. But that's because fantasy football leagues are often won by picking up hot players who tear it up the final weeks.

I've picked up and dropped David Wilson like a million times. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
There have been many instances where I've picked up a player from waivers by dropping my kicker. This allows me to delay decisions on who to start until Sunday morning.

Example.

Waiver Claim Tuesday night: Cecil Shorts (pickup) for my kicker.

Thus, the entire week you will see that my kicker slot is empty.

Then Sunday morning, I will decide who to start in my flex spot....Cecil Shorts, Danario Alexander, James Starks, or Antonio Gates.

Finally, I will have decided to start Danario Alexander, and therefore will drop James Starks (or the s**ttiest player on my roster) for a kicker.

But there has not been an instance where I deliberately picked up one player and then later dropped him that same week just to deny other players.
Originally posted by crzy:
I do not pick up players off waivers and then drop them later in the week just to keep them off other people's rosters.

Yes, I do currently have two defenses...the Rams and the Jets. But, I do not know which team is the better play and therefore will carry both on my roster until game time.

I dropped Davone Bess this morning. If anyone wants him, he'll clear waivers by Saturday.

Yes, I do make a lot of roster moves. But that's because fantasy football leagues are often won by picking up hot players who tear it up the final weeks.

I've picked up and dropped David Wilson like a million times. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

I actually saw that you hadnt made any claims. Moist is the only person who has picked up guys and then dropped right away and making the claims simply as defensive moves. Whatever. Anyway, I hope you and I are in finals. We have had the 2 best teams all year and deserve to be the last 2 standing. Of course, looking RG3 and Harvin have screwed me royally.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I actually saw that you hadnt made any claims. Moist is the only person who has picked up guys and then dropped right away and making the claims simply as defensive moves. Whatever. Anyway, I hope you and I are in finals. We have had the 2 best teams all year and deserve to be the last 2 standing. Of course, looking RG3 and Harvin have screwed me royally.

Yeah I think you'd easily win this league if your whole team was healthy the entire time.
There should be a limit to how many waiver acquisitions you make IMO, and I never liked that people could use waivers in playoffs. You roll with your team for the whole playoff stretch. Otherwise like Crzy said, one waiver pick up in week 16 for some random player who is suddenly hot decides playoffs. Just a bit less fun IMO then winning it with "your team." My 2 cents.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
There should be a limit to how many waiver acquisitions you make IMO, and I never liked that people could use waivers in playoffs. You roll with your team for the whole playoff stretch. Otherwise like Crzy said, one waiver pick up in week 16 for some random player who is suddenly hot decides playoffs. Just a bit less fun IMO then winning it with "your team." My 2 cents.

I approve of this post. If your starter goes down.. then use your backups that you have had on roster all year.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm fine with a transactions limit if we put one in place for next year. I made like 40 more moves than anyone else.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Yeah I think you'd easily win this league if your whole team was healthy the entire time.

agreed
Originally posted by vrabbit:
agreed

Well... I just have to hope that Tony Homo and Eric Decker can step it up to take RG3 and Percy's spot. Not loving their matchups though. Oh well.. not much you can do except play on.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
A large part of me hopes Dez Bryant is ruled out because I don't want to make the decision between playing a banged up Dez or benching him.

Im a little iritated that jon and v are questioning my sportsmsnship.

Should we from now on ask our opponents what they need before we make claims?
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Im a little iritated that jon and v are questioning my sportsmsnship.

Should we from now on ask our opponents what they need before we make claims?

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
^^ The players you guys are arguing about are all scrubs.

I mean, picking up Flacco and Kirk Cousins to block another player from picking them up? That might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

That's not even a strategic move that helps you Moist. It's just silly.

Russell Wilson is sitting there on the waiver wire and he's a hundred times better than both those guys combined.

What's next..picking up Adam Vinatieri to prevent me from getting a good kicker?
it doesn't matter who the player is its the action they are questioning which is ridiculous to me

Hey jon you better save that sad smiley for this weekend

you'll need it
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
it doesn't matter who the player is its the action they are questioning which is ridiculous to me

Hey jon you better save that sad smiley for this weekend

you'll need it

Well I'm just saying there is no point in complaining or arguing about this when it provides you no benefit at all.
Share 49ersWebzone