LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by crzy:
Anyways we're debating a hypothetical situation. If Brady is fine, then I'm playing for this year.

But I'm bringing it up because this is a recurring theme in keeper league trades between myself and vrabbit.

IMO, if you didn't want people to make trades with long-term goals in mind, then you shouldn't have made this a keeper league.

IMO trading draft picks during the season should be against the rules.

This would basically prevent firesales of teams., because w/ 4 keepers you're not able to stockpile a bunch of young players, you'd have to just try to stockpile picks.

I strongly disagree.

The ability to trade for future picks during the season is the biggest appeal of any keeper league to me. My trade with modninerfan last year is a perfect example. I gave up my first this year to try to win it all last year and came close. I knew I was sacrificing my draft for the 2013 season in doing so.

I think "firesales" for the sake of competing in the future are valid.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Link?

Just go to the High Rollers League.

I'll tell you what, the analysis yahoo does for this stuff is pretty damn cool
I strongly disagree.

The ability to trade for future picks during the season is the biggest appeal of any keeper league to me. My trade with modninerfan last year is a perfect example. I gave up my first this year to try to win it all last year and came close. I knew I was sacrificing my draft for the 2013 season in doing so.

That trade is an example why I'm against it and why I will veto every trade involving a draft pick.

Mod got ripped off big time IMO. Vick wasn't even kept, Brady was kept.

So Mod got an extra 5th round pick essentially for giving up one of the best keepers in fantasy football?!?

Edit: How did that trade even help Mod in the future? You really think Mod's team is better off with Tavon Austin then Tom Brady? If so then do the trade now.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM ]
I strongly disagree.

That trade is an example why I'm against it and why I will veto every trade involving a draft pick.

Mod got ripped off big time IMO. Vick wasn't even kept, Brady was kept.

So Mod got an extra 5th round pick essentially for giving up one of the best keepers in fantasy football?!?

Edit: How did that trade even help Mod in the future? You really think Mod's team is better off with Tavon Austin then Tom Brady? If so then do the trade now.

that was a HORRIBLE trade, I'm not sure anyone other crzy thinks otherwise
Speaking of trades... D. Bowe is on the block.

Other news: Another Charger unhealthy - Eddie Royal rushed to the hospital with difficulty breathing. Go ahead and bump Keenan Allen up one more.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Yahoos Draft Grades. I didnt hear anyone giving Boise many props for his team. A+ for his draft.

Draft Grades
Montana to Rice A+
Boise A+
RubsRubbers A
SprintRightOption A-
Rabbit Me This B+
RonMexico B
Redrose49er C+
Llamadeus C
Lynch Lucked Out C
crzy D
SunDevilNine D
F*ck Carrots ! D

About as meaningful as their predictions.

I'm gonna add these to the OP so we can discuss at the end of the season
[ Edited by vrabbit on Aug 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM ]
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Other news: Another Charger unhealthy - Eddie Royal rushed to the hospital with difficulty breathing. Go ahead and bump Keenan Allen up one more.

Not sure what you are looking for but I made an offer.
Not surprised I got a D.

They have Josh Boyce projected to have 40 yards receiving all season, and Kyle Williams at 200 yards receiving all season.

I gave my summary why but I could not accept the trade.
Not surprised I got a D.

They have Josh Boyce projected to have 40 yards receiving all season, and Kyle Williams at 200 yards receiving all season.

LOL. Especially at the Boyce projection.

I gave my summary why but I could not accept the trade.

DIdnt see it but thats fine.
Yahoos Draft Grades. I didnt hear anyone giving Boise many props for his team. A+ for his draft.

Draft Grades
Montana to Rice A+
Boise A+
RubsRubbers A
SprintRightOption A-
Rabbit Me This B+
RonMexico B
Redrose49er C+
Llamadeus C
Lynch Lucked Out C
crzy D
SunDevilNine D
F*ck Carrots ! D

thats what happens when you just draft the next highest rated player according to yahoo
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Draft Grades
Montana to Rice A+
Boise A+
RubsRubbers A
SprintRightOption A-
Rabbit Me This B+
RonMexico B
Redrose49er C+
Llamadeus C
Lynch Lucked Out C
crzy D
SunDevilNine D
F*ck Carrots ! D

thats what happens when you just draft the next highest rated player according to yahoo

Are you suggesting that Rubs, Boise, and I just did that?
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Draft Grades
Montana to Rice A+
Boise A+
RubsRubbers A
SprintRightOption A-
Rabbit Me This B+
RonMexico B
Redrose49er C+
Llamadeus C
Lynch Lucked Out C
crzy D
SunDevilNine D
F*ck Carrots ! D

Are you suggesting that Rubs, Boise, and I just did that?

not exactly, but probably depicts who drafts based on general consensus the most

Another thing thats wrong about the rankings is it doesn't account for the bottom 3 teams adding K and/or DEF, which all bottom 3 are currently missing.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM ]
not exactly, but probably depicts who drafts based on general consensus the most

Another thing thats wrong about the rankings is it doesn't account for the bottom 3 teams adding K and/or DEF, which all bottom 3 are currently missing.

You are right about the lack of Def and K. It also reflects the keepers that you have from the previous year. I know in my case, my trade with you for Marshall and my trade with Rubs for Roddy White cetainly helped the ranking.
Share 49ersWebzone