There are 155 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
IMPO FWIW TBPH I am not a fan of doing the whole auction league. I would still go along but I would rather keep it as is.

Auction has strategy, just like the initial draft. Go read the reviews on keeper leagues, they lack strategy. Either you are afraid of strategy or involved in so many leagues you don't have time.

I prefer auction, no keepers, pay for FA signings.

Just me. I'll stay now since its a 3 keeper vice 4, but I can dream...

Like you mentioned in your post after this I would rather be in person if it were an auction league. Being that I have never been involved in an auction league and having a $50 buy in I am skeptical because I do not know what to expect. That is my whole ordeal but I do not want to back out because I am not for something. I was not a huge fan of four keepers either but I did not mind it. Next year I am trimming my league total down. I get invited to so many it gets hard to say no. This is the only one I am having a tough time with but I do not feel like I am totally out of it.

I'm through the tough schedule and about to start rolling, just in time to win a bunch of games and still lose the league all while f**king up my next years draft position.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
The following goes to:

John, for starting Andrew Quarless this week

Have you looked at my team? Decimated. With FInley out maybe he will get a couple of looks. Doesnt matter anyway when you have Joique Bell and Bilal Powell as starting RBs
If you guys want more strategy in a keeper league there's always that option to have "keeper costs" similar to what we do in our dynasty baseball league.

Take RG3 for example. John drafted him last year in the 9th round and traded him to Ron in the offseason. In order for Ron to keep him this year it would have cost him his 9th round pick. If he wanted to keep him for next season it would cost him the original draft round divided by 2 (rounded), so 9 / 2 = 4.5 (5) so RG3 would cost him a 5th rounder next season. If he wanted to keep him the season after next then the formula woudl once again apply, 5 / 2 = 2.5 (3) so RG3 would a 3rd rounder to be kept.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The following goes to:

John, for starting Andrew Quarless this week

Have you looked at my team? Decimated. With FInley out maybe he will get a couple of looks. Doesnt matter anyway when you have Joique Bell and Bilal Powell as starting RBs

there are a couple of guys in the wire I'd play over Quarless though

OK. Just for you I made a change. :) This week i have about as much of a chance of winning as Jacksonville does in beating the Niners.

OK. Just for you I made a change. :) This week i have about as much of a chance of winning as Jacksonville does in beating the Niners.

man ... you might as well have kept Quarless with that pick up

man ... you might as well have kept Quarless with that pick up

LOL True.
My vote is for a standard 3 keeper league
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I've never played in an auction league. And I'd rather my first time not be for money. But I'm down for whatever
Originally posted by crzy:
I've never played in an auction league. And I'd rather my first time not be for money. But I'm down for whatever

You would have to make an announcement that next year is the last year under this format and then start a completely new league with a new draft. It wouldnt be fair otherwise if there are trades that have been made for future picks.

You would have to make an announcement that next year is the last year under this format and then start a completely new league with a new draft. It wouldnt be fair otherwise if there are trades that have been made for future picks.

I agree. But for those who have never done, I suggest you try it. Its my favorite setup.

I agree. But for those who have never done, I suggest you try it. Its my favorite setup.

All of this.

Its too late to change this to an auction, you'd have to cancel this league. But Auction is IMO the best set up.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

All of this.

Its too late to change this to an auction, you'd have to cancel this league. But Auction is IMO the best set up.

Auction in person yes. Online - not for me.

All of this.

Take a regular draft for example, print the list of top 200 fantasy players, scratch out injuries and a few you don't want and watch the draft follow the sheet almost perfectly. Ooh science! Lol. Auction adds thinking to it. You don't have to draft in order, by position, etc. you have to have a gameplan.

All of this.

Take a regular draft for example, print the list of top 200 fantasy players, scratch out injuries and a few you don't want and watch the draft follow the sheet almost perfectly. Ooh science! Lol. Auction adds thinking to it. You don't have to draft in order, by position, etc. you have to have a gameplan.

You have an unfair advantage though with all your free time to study up
Share 49ersWebzone