LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Vrabbit when you get a chance could you or someone else mine explaining how I can put Martin on IR? I never done it before.

You have to wait until the player is actually put on IR. Then you will be able to switch the player on Yahoo just like you would be able to move to bench.

Ok I had a feeling that was the deal. Thanks John!
Vrabbit when you get a chance could you or someone else mine explaining how I can put Martin on IR? I never done it before.

You have to wait until the player is actually put on IR. Then you will be able to switch the player on Yahoo just like you would be able to move to bench.

Ok I had a feeling that was the deal. Thanks John!

You are quite welcome
I sit here and think about it... This month I lost Julio Jones and Doug Martin on the same squad in one league, Martin in this league, and Reggie Wayne in another. Pfttttt... It has been a tough season for injuries.
Tony Romo the Homo or Matt Stafford available. I am not going to give either up for a lower level WR or RB though. Both are top 7 fantasy QBS. If interested, let me know.
Starting Cordarrelle Patterson tonight. Brandon Jacobs ruled out FML... I hope Freeman looks his way through that awful secondary along with Kyle Rudolph.
Still no IR slot shown up for me? I would like to move Martin to IR so I can make another roster move.
Still no IR slot shown up for me? I would like to move Martin to IR so I can make another roster move.

makes sense since, you know, he's NOT on IR yet.
For next year I would suggest we use a dollar bidding system for waivers. More thinking goes into it

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9866343/doug-martin-tampa-bay-buccaneers-says-shoulder-injury-not-season-ending
Originally posted by vrabbit:

makes sense since, you know, he's NOT on IR yet.

Oh damn I see now... I was getting all kinds of notifications on my phone saying it was season ending. Honest mistake there. Hell I dropped Martin in one league this year and he was my keeper for the next season. I do not know if or when he will come back to be FF relavent. I just made Dez Bryant my new keeper in that league. Well I stand corrected on that and thanks for bringing that to my attention.

For next year I would suggest we use a dollar bidding system for waivers. More thinking goes into it

I do that in another league... I do not really care for it but I am not against it. It is just always a big guessing game on what to bid for a player. You do not know if someone is going to bid a ridiculously amount of money or not for someone you want.

IMO we either make the whole league an auction (bidding) league or we don't, but let's see what the folks say

IMO we either make the whole league an auction (bidding) league or we don't, but let's see what the folks say

I dont think having the bottom teams have first choice on waivers every week is the way to go.

I dont think having the bottom teams have first choice on waivers every week is the way to go.

Yahoo offers 3 options for waivers:

Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
Reverse order of standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list
Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

I asked at the beginning of this season which type people would prefer and was told to just pick one, so I picked the last one because I thought it made the most sense. I'm pretty sure it's the same setting that we had last season too. The alternative of course is the Continual rolling list, which we could use starting next season if most people prefer it.

Yahoo offers 3 options for waivers:

Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
Reverse order of standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list
Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

I asked at the beginning of this season which type people would prefer and was told to just pick one, so I picked the last one because I thought it made the most sense. I'm pretty sure it's the same setting that we had last season too. The alternative of course is the Continual rolling list, which we could use starting next season if most people prefer it.

I think the default is the continual rolling list and I prefer that to what we use now. It also puts strategy into place as to when to use your waiver claim.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
It should always be a continous rolling list. Although it's too late to change it now for this season.

Auctioning sounds intriguing but also potentially complicated.
Share 49ersWebzone