LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
am I crazy? or is crzy the type of dude who tries to make a bunch of claims then dump someone last minute for a kicker to keep that someone from being in another team?

good thing I didn't try to make any claims this week, I thought about replacing PIT's D but no defense out there looked like a real upgrade, and I didn't want to give up anyone for David Wilson

I certainly hope not because that is a crap move.

Umm isnt that part of the game?
Maybe im not understanding your point v.

I picked up flacco and cuzings to take options away from jon. Is that shady?
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Dec 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM ]
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

it just isn't as OBVIOUS as crzy's, who doesn't even have a kicker on his roster and will probably dump one of those players he picked up to take away options from his opponent on sunday morning so that the player goes on waivers and isn't able to be picked up by everyone.

I was pretty sure you picked up those players for that reason, but there was nothing substantial to really accuse you of it. Is it shady? When it's so obvious yea, I think it is.

LOL Like I would have taken Flacco or Cousins. It is total BS though to just take Cousins and then drop him right away. Seems to me if you claim someone you should at least have to keep him on your roster for the week. Unethical and shady in my opinion.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Dec 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM ]
Hmmm Im sorry but if its with in the rules going to take every opportunity to f*** my opponent over
Hmmm Im sorry but if its with in the rules going to take every opportunity to f*** my opponent over

Well.. good for you because there is not a chance in hell that I would ever have played Flacco or Cousins ahead of Romo or Rivers. You should have claimed Rivers. His matchup looks good to me. LOL I hope karma bites you in your ass.

LOL Like I would have taken Flacco or Cousins. It is total BS though to just take Cousins and then drop him right away. Seems to me if you claim someone you should at least have to keep him on your roster for the week. Unethical and shady in my opinion.

I picked him up and then I got the news that the Pittsburgh Steelers suspended their player then I acted on that.

nothing shady going on over here

I picked him up and then I got the news that the Pittsburgh Steelers suspended their player then I acted on that.

YA right

Well.. good for you because there is not a chance in hell that I would ever have played Flacco or Cousins ahead of Romo or Rivers. You should have claimed Rivers. His matchup looks good to me. LOL I hope karma bites you in your ass.

I didn't do anything wrong. I would have taken Philip Rivers but I couldn't cover all the bases Geez.

YA right

lol I believe why he picked up Redman, but it was pretty dumb anyways. Mendelhall being suspended doesn't affect anything since he's been inactive for the past 2 games anyways. The news doesn't increase Redman's value.

YA right

lol I believe why he picked up Redman, but it was pretty dumb anyways. Mendelhall being suspended doesn't affect anything since he's been inactive for the past 2 games anyways. The news doesn't increase Redman's value.

I dont see what that has to do with picking up Flacco, Cousins, or admitting that he wanted to pick up Rivers but couldnt cover all his bases. Again, I have no problem with making ANY claim as long as that player remains on the roster for the week. What is total b******t is picking up a player and waiving him right away. In this case though I can only laugh at Moist because the 2 guys he tried to block never entered my mind as guys to claim.
like I said I was just trying to limit your options I always knew you would roll with Romo

this is basic fantasy football defense riiiight?

I am playing by the league rules you're crying dude.
like I said I was just trying to limit your options I always knew you would roll with Romo

Actually the commish of the league was the one that brought these tactics up. I just agree with him.

YA right

I dont see what that has to do with picking up Flacco, Cousins, or admitting that he wanted to pick up Rivers but couldnt cover all his bases. Again, I have no problem with making ANY claim as long as that player remains on the roster for the week. What is total b******t is picking up a player and waiving him right away. In this case though I can only laugh at Moist because the 2 guys he tried to block never entered my mind as guys to claim.

the way I see it, I KNOW people will do that kind of stuff, just at least try to hide your intentions. If MBC doesn't flat out say he picked up those players BECAUSE he was trying to block you then it's really unfair to accuse him of it (you know, maybe he's unsure about Rodgers' matchups these next two weeks - LOL). Now I don't have a problem with him dropping Cousins right away for Redman if he truly felt that some news gave Redman added value - the move isn't shady. In crzy's case is different because you KNOW HE KNOWS he's gonna have to drop someone he's picking up before Sunday, therefore his intent is CLEAR here and he's not hiding it at all. Personally that's bothers me I guess, and actually I've noticed throughout the season at various points he doesn't have a K, but I wouldn't be able to say it's for the same reason every time - he may be one of those who likes having as many options as possible until the last minute - but that isn't the case here, his starting lineup is clear cut.

Actually the commish of the league was the one that brought these tactics up. I just agree with him.

it's not a rule, I guess some of us frown upon it
Share 49ersWebzone