There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

High Rollers Fantasy Football League

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
For next year I would suggest we use a dollar bidding system for waivers. More thinking goes into it

IMO we either make the whole league an auction (bidding) league or we don't, but let's see what the folks say

I dont think having the bottom teams have first choice on waivers every week is the way to go.

Yahoo offers 3 options for waivers:

Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
Reverse order of standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list
Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

I asked at the beginning of this season which type people would prefer and was told to just pick one, so I picked the last one because I thought it made the most sense. I'm pretty sure it's the same setting that we had last season too. The alternative of course is the Continual rolling list, which we could use starting next season if most people prefer it.
For next year I would suggest we use a dollar bidding system for waivers. More thinking goes into it

IMO we either make the whole league an auction (bidding) league or we don't, but let's see what the folks say

I dont think having the bottom teams have first choice on waivers every week is the way to go.

Yahoo offers 3 options for waivers:

Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list
Reverse order of standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list
Weekly rolling list based on standings: waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

I asked at the beginning of this season which type people would prefer and was told to just pick one, so I picked the last one because I thought it made the most sense. I'm pretty sure it's the same setting that we had last season too. The alternative of course is the Continual rolling list, which we could use starting next season if most people prefer it.

I think the default is the continual rolling list and I prefer that to what we use now. It also puts strategy into place as to when to use your waiver claim.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
It should always be a continous rolling list. Although it's too late to change it now for this season.

Auctioning sounds intriguing but also potentially complicated.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
It will be a miracle if I beat rabbit this week. I top out at 115-120 points.....more likely will end up with 100 points.

Actually, if you look at my losses, I've lost 2 games by 1 point or less. I could be 4-3 right now.
IMPO FWIW TBPH I am not a fan of doing the whole auction league. I would still go along but I would rather keep it as is.
Originally posted by crzy:
It should always be a continous rolling list. Although it's too late to change it now for this season.

Auctioning sounds intriguing but also potentially complicated.

Auction for FA is quite simple. Everyone has an amount for the year to spend on FA. You simply bid on FA on the site and if you are highest bidder you get the player. Your total pot is then reduced by the amount of your bid. I think this is the best way to go followed by a continual rolling list. What we have now is lame in my opinion.
It will be a miracle if I beat rabbit this week. I top out at 115-120 points.....more likely will end up with 100 points.

Actually, if you look at my losses, I've lost 2 games by 1 point or less. I could be 4-3 right now.

I think I top out at 75 this week. Injuries and byes - oh my
I kinda want Pete and I to stay undefeated going into our week 1 matchup

I think you have a shot, I'm sort of struggling with whether to play Blackmon or Colston.
anyone want a WR for a RB?

literally any RB.... lol

nowish
[ Edited by RonMexico on Oct 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM ]
If there is one matchup I want to win all year it is definitly this one!
Originally posted by RonMexico:
anyone want a WR for a RB?

literally any RB.... lol

nowish

I'd trade you DeAngelo but the trade won't go through before tomorrow
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
If there is one matchup I want to win all year it is definitly this one!

I'm picking Pete
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
IMPO FWIW TBPH I am not a fan of doing the whole auction league. I would still go along but I would rather keep it as is.

Auction has strategy, just like the initial draft. Go read the reviews on keeper leagues, they lack strategy. Either you are afraid of strategy or involved in so many leagues you don't have time.

I prefer auction, no keepers, pay for FA signings.

Just me. I'll stay now since its a 3 keeper vice 4, but I can dream...
Edit. Auction league drafts are better in person. Its a blast. Online is ok, but takes away from the luster.