LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 312 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

Originally posted by vrabbit:
I swooped AP and Peyton up in last year's draft as they fell because they were coming off of injuries. Those were actually risk picks that paid off BIG. I got AP in the 2nd round (14th overall) and Peyton at the end of the 4th round (Eli and Vick were drafted ahead of him)

Oh got it, a keeper league and people were stupid. Lol

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You play me next week and will most likely be a big underdog in that one too.

You mean my staple of RBs won't power me through?
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I swooped AP and Peyton up in last year's draft as they fell because they were coming off of injuries. Those were actually risk picks that paid off BIG. I got AP in the 2nd round (14th overall) and Peyton at the end of the 4th round (Eli and Vick were drafted ahead of him)

Nope it wont. As far as being stupid.. well I went 14-2 and won the league so I think I will leave myself out of that group. But in defense of the others... NO one thought AP and Manning would be able to return to the level they did so quickly.

Nope it wont. As far as being stupid.. well I went 14-2 and won the league so I think I will leave myself out of that group. But in defense of the others... NO one thought AP and Manning would be able to return to the level they did so quickly.

I did
I did

You also went 6-7 before going on a nice playoff run, lol.
I did

I did

LOL. Sure you did. Taking AP in rd 2 was worth the gamble. I would have grabbed him in the 2nd too if I had the chance.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I did

yeah but I was having some REALLY bad luck. I was one of the top scoring teams throughout if I remember correctly. I felt all along that if I could sneak into the playoffs I'd make some damage and I was right
LOL. Sure you did. Taking AP in rd 2 was worth the gamble. I would have grabbed him in the 2nd too if I had the chance.

Gamble. Lol. Ain't s**t left I a 4 man keeper league, taking AP in the second isn't really a risk.

Gamble. Lol. Ain't s**t left I a 4 man keeper league, taking AP in the second isn't really a risk.

it was for me, especially after taking Fitz (who had a horrible year) in the 1st. If AP hadn't had an MVP season I would had been severely screwed.

it was for me, especially after taking Fitz (who had a horrible year) in the 1st. If AP hadn't had an MVP season I would had been severely screwed.

If I remember correctly, you took Manning right before I was going to grab him. I took Tony Romo right after. At that point it was a good pick but no way was anyone going to take Manning in the first 2 rds. Rose took Ryan Matthews and Darrin McFadden with his 2 RBS at 12 and 13 right before you grabbed AP

If I remember correctly, you took Manning right before I was going to grab him. I took Tony Romo right after. At that point it was a good pick but no way was anyone going to take Manning in the first 2 rds. Rose took Ryan Matthews and Darrin McFadden with his 2 RBS at 12 and 13 right before you grabbed AP

that was my cue to take him
Well in all honesty, if this league remains a four man keeper, I probably won't come back next year. It isn't the money, its the have' sand have not's. It doesn't take a lot of skill to start no brainers. I signed up for fun cause john asked me, but I hadn't done a four keeper league before. I realize now they suck balls.
Well in all honesty, if this league remains a four man keeper, I probably won't come back next year. It isn't the money, its the have' sand have not's. It doesn't take a lot of skill to start no brainers. I signed up for fun cause john asked me, but I hadn't done a four keeper league before. I realize now they suck balls.

I'm fine with making it 3 keepers.

I'm fine with making it 3 keepers.

I don't really have a preference, so I wouldn't oppose to 3 keepers, I do see Rub's point. However in order to make any changes I'd really like to have the approval of 2/3's of the league (8 teams) instead of just majority (7 teams).
Count me in for 3 keepers.
Share 49ersWebzone