LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
lol, one of these years SD79 is gonna put that big brain to use and win like 5 games!

I know!
next year

to be fair you did win 5 last season.

If you put in the work you might be able to sneak your way into 6 wins next season, and maybe grab that 6th seed ala me last year
lol, one of these years SD79 is gonna put that big brain to use and win like 5 games!

I know!
next year

I'm making the jump next season with my now solid three keepers and an extra second rounder from Rubber
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Yep. Its SO much luck. Pete is the highest seed and gets to play your team who goes off with an incredible week. If he plays Rabbit or Boise he wins and is in the finals. If I had beaten your team last week I would be in the finals.

I think the most telling stat there is........... Pete and Rabbit had the least points scored against them during the season. Lots of good fortune. Sadly for Pete it ended this past weekend.

FWIW, a good portion of the time, the teams that have the highest scoring teams have (amongst) the lowest points against, for the simple reason that they don't have to play themselves. To put it in perspective. I played one game against a Top 2 scoring team. (Rabbit) You played 4. (me twice, rabbit twice) Of course I gave up fewer points than you did.

You had 213 less points scored against you than I did. LOL That is a huge difference.

Sure, but you had some unusually high scoring games against you, plus you had to face me & rabbit twice. That accounts for some (but not all) of that discrepancy. The PA that rabbit and I had aren't all that unusual amongst the highest scoring teams.

Well, lets just hope for your sake that after all that success you dont end up with the same return as Sun or me.

I know!
next year

to be fair you did win 5 last season.

If you put in the work you might be able to sneak your way into 6 wins next season, and maybe grab that 6th seed ala me last year

I accept fully responsibility of football stupidity for my poor record.

I did awful in every fantasy league I was in this year.
Well, lets just hope for your sake that after all that success you dont end up with the same return as Sun or me.

While money would be nice, being able to beat every single one of you guys this year is its own reward.

While money would be nice, being able to beat every single one of you guys this year is its own reward.

yeah no I'll take the money
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'll be rooting for Crzy again as his team is most deserving, even if he did build it through the waiver wire.

Thanks man. Though I don't agree about being most deserving.

If I had drafted my current team..then I'd agree.

This. And so would Pete.

This. And so would Pete.

No doubt, but let's not go acting like you and the SunDevilTexans had as much fun as I did this year.

This. And so would Pete.

No doubt, but let's not go acting like you and the SunDevilTexans had as much fun as I did this year.

No. I didnt have much fun watching Foster, Wayne, White, and Wilson all get hurt and basically take any realistic chances of winning away. Nor was it much fun having both Peyton Manning and Nick Foles throw for 7 tds when they played against my fantasy team.

Its a lot more fun when you have good luck so I'm sure you did have a lot more fun than me. But, in the end I made the playoffs so there was some enjoyment.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Dec 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM ]

good matchup/season Boise, I hope you can at least win 3rd place.

crzy, I want this way more than you after coming up short last season. I hope I don't get blown out this year

You as well rabbit. Disappointed my two worst weeks this season were against you. Couldn't even take advantage of AP being out. Oh well.

Good luck in the championship.
[ Edited by BoiseNiner on Dec 18, 2013 at 6:02 PM ]
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
good matchup/season Boise, I hope you can at least win 3rd place.

crzy, I want this way more than you after coming up short last season. I hope I don't get blown out this year

You as well rabbit. Disappointed my two worst weeks this season were against you. Couldn't even take advantage of AP being out. Oh well.

Good luck in the championship.

thank you, good luck getting that benjamin, better than nothing.
This s**t is depressing for the 2nd year in a row missing the playoffs. Only league out of 6 I did not make it. Tough competition here... Overall my draft really just blew balls! Can we please start 2-3 weeks later next year?

1. (3) Chris Ivory (NYJ - RB) - Yeah everyone can just STFU
2. (9) James Jones (GB - WR) - Looked pretty good till injured
3. (22) Eddie Lacy (GB - RB) - Bar none my best pick of the draft (Brandon Merriweather really f**ked it up early for me)
4. (46) Anquan Boldin (SF - WR) - Looked promising after week one then vanished
5. (51) Jared Cook (StL - TE) - ^ Same - took a different route to the Land of OZ
6. (70) Houston (Hou - DEF) - What a crock of s**t
7. (75) Joseph Randle (Dal - RB) - Thought Murray would get hurt and this guy would step in
8. (94) Matt Schaub (Hou - QB) - Ran out of town
9. (99) Blair Walsh (Min - K) - Meh
10. (117) Michael Bush (Chi - RB) - Barely saw the field
11. (122) Vance McDonald (SF - TE) - Well I picked him then immediately dropped him for someone else soon as the draft ended.
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Dec 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM ]
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
This s**t is depressing for the 2nd year in a row missing the playoffs. Only league out of 6 I did not make it. Tough competition here... Overall my draft really just blew balls! Can we please start 2-3 weeks later next year?

1. (3) Chris Ivory (NYJ - RB) - Yeah everyone can just STFU
2. (9) James Jones (GB - WR) - Looked pretty good till injured
3. (22) Eddie Lacy (GB - RB) - Bar none my best pick of the draft (Brandon Merriweather really f**ked it up early for me)
4. (46) Anquan Boldin (SF - WR) - Looked promising after week one then vanished
5. (51) Jared Cook (StL - TE) - ^ Same - took a different route to the Land of OZ
6. (70) Houston (Hou - DEF) - What a crock of s**t
7. (75) Joseph Randle (Dal - RB) - Thought Murray would get hurt and this guy would step in
8. (94) Matt Schaub (Hou - QB) - Ran out of town
9. (99) Blair Walsh (Min - K) - Meh
10. (117) Michael Bush (Chi - RB) - Barely saw the field
11. (122) Vance McDonald (SF - TE) - Well I picked him then immediately dropped him for someone else soon as the draft ended.

Yahoo grade: A-. Maybe the "A" was a typo and it just supposed to be "-"
Picking on Miles was probably my favorite part of this year.
Share 49ersWebzone