LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

Originally posted by vrabbit:
except this is a keeper league, and now you're keeping Garcon instead of Julio. Oh, and Turner is unemployed.

Yes, and I'm perfectly okay with keeping Garcon instead of Jones being that his per game production (when accounting for the fact that he actually played in about 8.25 games) was right there with Jones. I made a small long term sacrifice for a big short term gain.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
except this is a keeper league, and now you're keeping Garcon instead of Julio. Oh, and Turner is unemployed.

Yes, and I'm perfectly okay with keeping Garcon instead of Jones being that his per game production (when accounting for the fact that he actually played in about 8.25 games) was right there with Jones.

find me ANYONE that agrees with you on this argument you so dearly hold on to.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

LOL...have you ever known me to be someone who cares whether or not people agree with me?

The numbers agree with me. That's all I care about.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

LOL...have you ever known me to be someone who cares whether or not people agree with me?

The numbers agree with me. That's all I care about.

Garcon's Game Log when he was healthy last season

9/9.......4 catches, 109 yards, 1 TD (all in one quarter...this is where the injury happened)
11/18....3 catches, 5 yards
11/22....4 catches, 86 yards, 1 TD
12/3......8 catches, 106 yards, 1 TD
12/9......5 catches, 83 yards, 1 TD
12/16....6 catches, 65 yards
12/23....7 catches, 89 yards
12/30....3 catches, 46 yards

Over the course of a 16 game season, that's 270.72 points, compared to 261.80 that Jones scored. I can't predict injuries.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM ]

9/9.......4 catches, 109 yards, 1 TD (all in one quarter...this is where the injury happened)

Over the course of a 16 game season, that's 270.72 points, compared to 261.80 that Jones scored. I can't predict injuries.

By your logic, Garcon would have had 436 yards and 4 TDs on the 9/9 game
i cant believe you guys are giving LA a hard time sheesh

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

the best part is, Garcon will probably have a monster year and Julio Jones gets hurt in week 1, lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

the best part is, Garcon will probably have a monster year and Julio Jones gets hurt in week 1, lol

Then let's figure that he wouldn't have made a single catch for a single yard the rest of the game and we'll round that games played up to 8 instead. Still puts him at 80 catches, 1178 yards, & 8 TDs over 16 games (245.8 fantasy points), versus the 261.8 that Jones scored.

And again, that's assuming that he doesn't catch another pass against a historically awful Saints pass defense that he was absolutely shredding.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by jrg:
Well then for the meantime,

Michael Crabtree
Andre Johnson
Hakeem Nicks
Vernon Davis

Keeping Crabs?

BTW, rabbit...where the f**k is my Mizzou shirt?!

I can wait half a year. I have faith in Crabs ballin for years to come

I am glad you are holding strong faith

thank you sir

and I'll also have to invest my faith in our enemy Russell Wilson because I am looking to draft him with my first pick.
Originally posted by jrg:
Well then for the meantime,

Michael Crabtree
Andre Johnson
Hakeem Nicks
Vernon Davis

Keeping Crabs?

BTW, rabbit...where the f**k is my Mizzou shirt?!

I can wait half a year. I have faith in Crabs ballin for years to come

I am glad you are holding strong faith

thank you sir

and I'll also have to invest my faith in our enemy Russell Wilson because I am looking to draft him with my first pick.

No problem it leaves more possible quality options for me to pick. Not sure I would give away draft strategies unless your pulling smokescreens for errrrrbody to believe.

Then let's figure that he wouldn't have made a single catch for a single yard the rest of the game and we'll round that games played up to 8 instead. Still puts him at 80 catches, 1178 yards, & 8 TDs over 16 games (245.8 fantasy points), versus the 261.8 that Jones scored.

And again, that's assuming that he doesn't catch another pass against a historically awful Saints pass defense that he was absolutely shredding.

Since I have not put my 2 cents in I will but JJ is the better option to keep than PG. The only thing it comes down to is can PG stay healthy to play this year. If you are going to have a keeper or if I am I want to make sure the only week he will not play is a bye week. Every point counts and it could be determined how many games he misses to not give you the adequate amount of points you need to wrap games up. The other thing is if you want him that bad then keep him. I would give two f**ks less what everyone thinks about it due to it is your squad that you paid for. If you think he helps take you to the ship then by all means I would give everybody the heisman.
Since I have not put my 2 cents in I will but JJ is the better option to keep than PG. The only thing it comes down to is can PG stay healthy to play this year. If you are going to have a keeper or if I am I want to make sure the only week he will not play is a bye week. Every point counts and it could be determined how many games he misses to not give you the adequate amount of points you need to wrap games up. The other thing is if you want him that bad then keep him. I would give two f**ks less what everyone thinks about it due to it is your squad that you paid for. If you think he helps take you to the ship then by all means I would give everybody the heisman.

I also think Jones is a better keeper than Garcon. I just think the difference is minimal. Before last season, Garcon had missed 6 games in 4 years. Jones missed 3 games his rookie year. I can't predict injuries.
Share 49ersWebzone