LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

Originally posted by crzy:
If you're going to make this a keeper league, then I don't see how you can ban trading picks during the season.

Why not just make this a re-draft league then?

I don't care about trading picks, I care about tanking for picks at the end. That's some bull.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
If you're going to make this a keeper league, then I don't see how you can ban trading picks during the season.

Why not just make this a re-draft league then?

I don't care about trading picks, I care about tanking for picks at the end. That's some bull.

No surprise that it happens in the real world and in the fantasy world. I feel like it's pretty much inevitable...

Of course, if people are purposely benching guys, then the commish can always step in and use good judgement to lock their lineup and set it for them. Yes, that's VERY dictator-like to do but hey...if that's what you want and you can't or don't want to trust one another, then that's how it'd have to be.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
There's tanking....such as not setting lineups....that is totally ridiculous. I'm against that.

But trading good players for future picks to invest in a future team is a perfectly valid option in a keeper league, IMO.
if everyone could not set their lineup against me that would be great
There's tanking....such as not setting lineups....that is totally ridiculous. I'm against that.

But trading good players for future picks to invest in a future team is a perfectly valid option in a keeper league, IMO.

Why isn't it valid to "tank" by sitting your best player so instead of the 2nd pick you get the 1st pick?

I truly don't understand the distinction.

Sitting your best player or trading him away = same net result for that week's game (he doesn't score you any points). Both moves improve your draft.

Whats the difference?

Trading a player for a pick is the SAME THING as benching him
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 13, 2013 at 12:24 PM ]
Ya but if someone who shouldn't have won the money this year wins it because he traded his picks away for players, it would be worth it. Hell they could back out next year or not care because they won. That's crap
Ya but if someone who shouldn't have won the money this year wins it because he traded his picks away for players, it would be worth it. Hell they could back out next year or not care because they won. That's crap

This is what I was saying earlier. I am screwed right now at RB because of Foster and Wilson. I could make a huge trade and give up my first 4 picks next year and get 2 studs and possibly win the league. Then not come back. How f**ked up would that be. Just wouldnt do it.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Why isn't it valid to "tank" by sitting your best player so instead of the 2nd pick you get the 1st pick?

I truly don't understand the distinction.

Sitting your best player or trading him away = same net result for that week's game (he doesn't score you any points). Both moves improve your draft.

Whats the difference?

Trading a player for a pick is the SAME THING as benching him

No. It's not the same thing. Not at all.

One is making a long-term trade, a long-term investment....that is completely valid within the framework of a keeper league. It's still within the framework of comeptition.

The other, is simply using cheap tactics, such as benching players, not setting lineups, It is not within the spirit of comeptition.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

This is what I was saying earlier. I am screwed right now at RB because of Foster and Wilson. I could make a huge trade and give up my first 4 picks next year and get 2 studs and possibly win the league. Then not come back. How f**ked up would that be. Just wouldnt do it.

Yeah, it would absolutely be f**ked up if the person didn't come back. That would piss me off too.

But I'm assuming that the people playing in this league have the integrity to come back after trading future picks. Otherwise, that would be a complete b***h move.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Everyone needs to set their lineups and try to win each week.

If that's what you meant by tanking, then I agree with you.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
If I thought my team was only one piece away from winning this league, then I wouldn't hesitate and would trade a 1st for a stud player

But my team is a pretender, relying entirely right now on Nick Foles and Jamaal Charles.....so I'm probably not making any trades.
If I thought my team was only one piece away from winning this league, then I wouldn't hesitate and would trade a 1st for a stud player

But my team is a pretender, relying entirely right now on Nick Foles and Jamaal Charles.....so I'm probably not making any trades.

Yes we know you dog. Nick Foles and his 7 tds against me pretty much won the week for you. If he has just scored 30 or so points I would have won.
I started off weak because of lack of RBs, but I am fighting and not giving up. I actually don't look to bad, and if I get lucky, I may squeeze my way into the playoffs and scare someone
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I specifically went after well known vets who wouldn't pull a b***h move such as this, I'd trash any of you to no end if any of you pulled some s**t like this, but I'm confident none of y'all would.

i'll trade you reggie bush, leveon bell, and antonio brown for jamaal charles
Share 49ersWebzone