There are 128 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:
good matchup/season Boise, I hope you can at least win 3rd place.

crzy, I want this way more than you after coming up short last season. I hope I don't get blown out this year

You are right about wanting it more than me.

I'm kinda just meh about it because it's silly to me. I mean, if you look back at my draft, you'll see that not a SINGLE player I drafted is currently on my team. How ridiculous is that.

Anyways, my team last year with Jimmy Graham and Brady was better...and also disappointed in the playoffs.

Oh well... head to head fantasy football is just disproportionately based on luck
[ Edited by crzy on Dec 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:

crzy, I want this way more than you after coming up short last season. I hope I don't get blown out this year

I'm kinda just meh about it because it's silly to me. I mean, if you look back at my draft, you'll see that not a SINGLE player I drafted is currently on my team. How ridiculous is that.

Anyways, my team last year with Jimmy Graham and Brady was better...and also disappointed in the playoffs.

Oh well... head to head fantasy football is just disproportionately based on luck

I'm quite the opposite, over half of my roster was drafted by me, including my core guys.

I wish I had traded Blackmon for Andre Johnson when I had the chance. He was too hot for me to trade so I flipped Antonio Brown instead. I could have both Brown and Johnson on my roster right now

Yep. Its SO much luck. Pete is the highest seed and gets to play your team who goes off with an incredible week. If he plays Rabbit or Boise he wins and is in the finals. If I had beaten your team last week I would be in the finals.

I think the most telling stat there is........... Pete and Rabbit had the least points scored against them during the season. Lots of good fortune. Sadly for Pete it ended this past weekend.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Yep. Its SO much luck. Pete is the highest seed and gets to play your team who goes off with an incredible week. If he plays Rabbit or Boise he wins and is in the finals. If I had beaten your team last week I would be in the finals.

I think the most telling stat there is........... Pete and Rabbit had the least points scored against them during the season. Lots of good fortune. Sadly for Pete it ended this past weekend.

meh, I was the highest scoring team this season. The least point differential in my wins was 23.42 points in the last game vs SunDevil.

meh, I was the highest scoring team this season. The least point differential in my wins was 23.42 points in the last game vs SunDevil.

Yes you were. But. having the least points scored against you is always huge. Like this past weekend.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
meh the overall points scored/against is a bit misleading. I think its more interesting to see who got lucky or unlucky on a given week (ie scores in top 6 for points but gets outscored).

Like Week 7 I'd be bad beat while Rabbit would be a lucky win for scoring 7th most points but still getting a W.

Week 6 Bad Beat - Sprint Right Option; Lucky Win - Lynch Lucked Out

Week 5 Bad Beat - Ron Mexico, Crzy; Lucky Win - Montana to Rice, Boise

Week 4 Bad Beat - Crzy, Ron Mexico ; Lucky Win - Lynch Lucked Out, LA

Week 3 - All the teams that should have won and loss did

Week 2 Bad Beat - Rubber, Crzy; Lucky Win - Rabbit, Red Rose

Week 1 Bad Beat - SunDevil; Lucky Win - LA

Bad Beats on the Year:
Crzy - 3
SunDevil - 2
Ron Mexico - 2
Rubber - 1
Sprint Right Option - 1

Lucky Wins
LA - 2
Rabbit - 2
Lynch Lucked Out - 2
Red Rose - 1
Montana to Rice - 1
Boise - 1

Standings if the teams that should have won did, but due to scheduling lost:
1. RonMexico 6-1
2. Rabbit 5-2
3. LA 5-2
4. Crzy 5-2
5. RedRose 4-3
6. Montana to Rice 3-4
7. Rubber 3-4
8. SunDevil 3-4
9. Sprint Right Option 3-4
10. Boise 2-5
11. Carrots 2-5
12. Lynch Lucked Out 1-6

Week 8 Bad Beats: SunDevil

Week 8 Lucky Wins: RedRose

Week 9 Bad Beats: RonMexico

Week 9 Lucky Wins: Carrots

Week 10 Bad Beats: Carrots

Week 10 Lucky Wins: Llama

Week 11 Bad Beats: RedRose

Week 11 Lucky Wins: Boise

Week 12 Bad Beats: RonMexico

Week 12 Lucky Wins: RedRose

Week 13 Bad Beats: Montana to Rice

Week 13 Lucky Wins: Sprint Right

Adjusted records:
1. RonMexico 10-3
2. Crzy 10-3
3. Llama 9-4
4. vrabbit 8-5
5. Montana to Rice 8-5
6. Boise 7-6
7. Carrots 6-7
8. Rubs 6-7
9. RedRose 5-8
10. SprintRight 5-8
11. SunDEvil 4-9
12. Lynch 2-11

under adjusted standings, Vrabbit would have beaten NinerJohn in Wildcard, and Boise would have beaten LA in wildcard. Crzy would have then beaten Vrabbit in semi-final, and Boise would have beaten RonMexico in the semifinals. Leading to a Boise v. Crzy finals.

edit: So if Vrabbit wins, its really him being the luckiest person in the league as he benefited the most from the good fortune of scheduling keeping him away from Crzy in the semi-finals.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM ]
I'll be rooting for Crzy again as his team is most deserving, even if he did build it through the waiver wire.
meh the overall points scored/against is a bit misleading. I think its more interesting to see who got lucky or unlucky on a given week (ie scores in top 6 for points but gets outscored).

Like Week 7 I'd be bad beat while Rabbit would be a lucky win for scoring 7th most points but still getting a W.

Week 6 Bad Beat - Sprint Right Option; Lucky Win - Lynch Lucked Out

Week 5 Bad Beat - Ron Mexico, Crzy; Lucky Win - Montana to Rice, Boise

Week 4 Bad Beat - Crzy, Ron Mexico ; Lucky Win - Lynch Lucked Out, LA

Week 3 - All the teams that should have won and loss did

Week 2 Bad Beat - Rubber, Crzy; Lucky Win - Rabbit, Red Rose

Week 1 Bad Beat - SunDevil; Lucky Win - LA

Bad Beats on the Year:
Crzy - 3
SunDevil - 2
Ron Mexico - 2
Rubber - 1
Sprint Right Option - 1

Lucky Wins
LA - 2
Rabbit - 2
Lynch Lucked Out - 2
Red Rose - 1
Montana to Rice - 1
Boise - 1

Standings if the teams that should have won did, but due to scheduling lost:
1. RonMexico 6-1
2. Rabbit 5-2
3. LA 5-2
4. Crzy 5-2
5. RedRose 4-3
6. Montana to Rice 3-4
7. Rubber 3-4
8. SunDevil 3-4
9. Sprint Right Option 3-4
10. Boise 2-5
11. Carrots 2-5
12. Lynch Lucked Out 1-6

Week 8 Bad Beats: SunDevil

Week 8 Lucky Wins: RedRose

Week 9 Bad Beats: RonMexico

Week 9 Lucky Wins: Carrots

Week 10 Bad Beats: Carrots

Week 10 Lucky Wins: Llama

Week 11 Bad Beats: RedRose

Week 11 Lucky Wins: Boise

Week 12 Bad Beats: RonMexico

Week 12 Lucky Wins: RedRose

Week 13 Bad Beats: Montana to Rice

Week 13 Lucky Wins: Sprint Right

Adjusted records:
1. RonMexico 10-3
2. Crzy 10-3
3. Llama 9-4
4. vrabbit 8-5
5. Montana to Rice 8-5
6. Boise 7-6
7. Carrots 6-7
8. Rubs 6-7
9. RedRose 5-8
10. SprintRight 5-8
11. SunDEvil 4-9
12. Lynch 2-11

under adjusted standings, Vrabbit would have beaten NinerJohn in Wildcard, and Boise would have beaten LA in wildcard. Crzy would have then beaten Vrabbit in semi-final, and Boise would have beaten RonMexico in the semifinals. Leading to a Boise v. Crzy finals.

edit: So if Vrabbit wins, its really him being the luckiest person in the league as he benefited the most from the good fortune of scheduling keeping him away from Crzy in the semi-finals.

FWIW, a good portion of the time, the teams that have the highest scoring teams have (amongst) the lowest points against, for the simple reason that they don't have to play themselves. To put it in perspective. I played one game against a Top 2 scoring team. (Rabbit) You played 4. (me twice, rabbit twice) Of course I gave up fewer points than you did.
lol, one of these years SD79 is gonna put that big brain to use and win like 5 games!

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

FWIW, a good portion of the time, the teams that have the highest scoring teams have (amongst) the lowest points against, for the simple reason that they don't have to play themselves. To put it in perspective. I played one game against a Top 2 scoring team. (Rabbit) You played 4. (me twice, rabbit twice) Of course I gave up fewer points than you did.

You had 213 less points scored against you than I did. LOL That is a huge difference.
lol, one of these years SD79 is gonna put that big brain to use and win like 5 games!

I know!
Lol "should have won"
It's fantasy football.

I had the best team one of my leagues (in my opinion) and went up against Charles so I lost by 10. I also score the 2nd most points in that league of the season, my opponent obviously scored the most. And no Gronk was another reason I lost

No such thing as should've won in fantasy football

You had 213 less points scored against you than I did. LOL That is a huge difference.

Sure, but you had some unusually high scoring games against you, plus you had to face me & rabbit twice. That accounts for some (but not all) of that discrepancy. The PA that rabbit and I had aren't all that unusual amongst the highest scoring teams.

I know!
next year
Share 49ersWebzone