There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League

Quit using the f**king Quote+ button
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Quit using the f**king Quote+ button

OK
I think both of you have points.

4ML really doesn't have to explain any reason why he picked up Bailey. It is his team..there really isn't anything in the rules that says he can't. If he thinks Bailey can pitch well in the playoffs and be potential keeper worthy, that is his prerogative. Bailey has shown some sign of life this season at times.

For John, I can understand why he'd be upset as well. Maybe he had Bailey in his sights and wanted to pick him up. Of course he'd be upset he got claimed by a team not even in it anymore.

You both have points. I just wish Yahoo had something similar to how the MLB works in real life. To have playoff rosters locked..so you actually have a "playoff team"..so that way sure teams out of it can pickup a player, but playoff teams go in with their best team. I've seen so many great teams lose because one team was better at streaming pitchers that week.
Originally posted by jrg:
I think both of you have points.

4ML really doesn't have to explain any reason why he picked up Bailey. It is his team..there really isn't anything in the rules that says he can't. If he thinks Bailey can pitch well in the playoffs and be potential keeper worthy, that is his prerogative. Bailey has shown some sign of life this season at times.

For John, I can understand why he'd be upset as well. Maybe he had Bailey in his sights and wanted to pick him up. Of course he'd be upset he got claimed by a team not even in it anymore.

You both have points. I just wish Yahoo had something similar to how the MLB works in real life. To have playoff rosters locked..so you actually have a "playoff team"..so that way sure teams out of it can pickup a player, but playoff teams go in with their best team. I've seen so many great teams lose because one team was better at streaming pitchers that week.

Trust me. If 4ML had picked up Zach Wheeler or another young stud for the future I wouldnt have said anything. I just know he would never consider Homer Bailey in a million years as his keeper. He has had a nice little run but no one is going to keep a SP with a lifetime record of barely over .500 and an era over 4.5. This wasnt about Homer Bailey. It was about the principle of making moves during this particular week. I said from the beginning that 4ML had the right to claim anyone and it wasnt against the rules. I just didnt agree with it.

I just wish Yahoo could lock out all teams from making moves that are not in the playoffs.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by jrg:
I think both of you have points.

4ML really doesn't have to explain any reason why he picked up Bailey. It is his team..there really isn't anything in the rules that says he can't. If he thinks Bailey can pitch well in the playoffs and be potential keeper worthy, that is his prerogative. Bailey has shown some sign of life this season at times.

For John, I can understand why he'd be upset as well. Maybe he had Bailey in his sights and wanted to pick him up. Of course he'd be upset he got claimed by a team not even in it anymore.

You both have points. I just wish Yahoo had something similar to how the MLB works in real life. To have playoff rosters locked..so you actually have a "playoff team"..so that way sure teams out of it can pickup a player, but playoff teams go in with their best team. I've seen so many great teams lose because one team was better at streaming pitchers that week.

Trust me. If 4ML had picked up Zach Wheeler or another young stud for the future I wouldnt have said anything. I just know he would never consider Homer Bailey in a million years as his keeper. He has had a nice little run but no one is going to keep a SP with a lifetime record of barely over .500 and an era over 4.5. This wasnt about Homer Bailey. It was about the principle of making moves during this particular week. I said from the beginning that 4ML had the right to claim anyone and it wasnt against the rules. I just didnt agree with it.

I just wish Yahoo could lock out all teams from making moves that are not in the playoffs.

Yeah, that is probably even better. Playoff time lock all teams. No more cheap streaming pitcher victories.
Yes no cheap streaming pitching victories! Make it to who had drafted a stud team!!!! NJ knows how much I hate streaming....can't beat em join em..I wish though streaming were banned altogether though....
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Yes no cheap streaming pitching victories! Make it to who had drafted a stud team!!!! NJ knows how much I hate streaming....can't beat em join em..I wish though streaming were banned altogether though....

I do know that you hate it. You have always been vocal about that. I think its fine to make 4 moves per week and we do have a limit on the # of pitchers you can have on your roster so that is good. It does result, however, in the best team not always winning thats for sure. But, there is luck involved in all sports including fantasy baseball and thats ok too especially when its a fun league.

I may have overreacted a bit to 4ML's move. It just took me by great surprise that he of all people would pick up someone this week.
I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS CAUSE TO COMPLAIN SO EVERYONE ELSE STFU!

Have a nice day
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS CAUSE TO COMPLAIN SO EVERYONE ELSE STFU!

Have a nice day

LOL Good point. I still cant believe your team finished over .500. Must be good management.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I threw a tantrum? Give it a rest. I simply asked what your reasoning was for making a claim on Bailey and telling you I disagreed with making claims. Now you have to resort to calling me a baby, an a*****e, flipping me off, and making stupid comments. Grow the hell up.

I know you enjoyed the shot on me for not trading with you for Lincecum. What was your comment? " -39 OUCH" If I lose to Crzy that will be fine. He has some class anyway and I have no problem losing to him.

Now, I have wasted enough time on you. You must be busy anyway preparing for next year.

The Lincecum comment was not to be taken that seriously. I've played in many leagues on the Zone, and am surprised that someone can take that sort of comment and describe it as a shot and un-classy. Maybe you need to lighten up, or I need to start using smileys.

I made FA moves last week as well - I don't remember anyone questioning my motives then.

I didn't need to explain my moves. You were wrong to even question it. Then, I gave you my reasoning. But, you kept going at it, as if I did something unethical.

Anyway, you're right about wasting time. I'm busy with work (and webzone NBA draft - baseball can wait) and I'm sure you're a busy as well. I don't have anything against you. if my Lincecum comment bothered you, my bad. It wasn't meant as an insult.

You're a Niner fan, and a Giants fan - so you're fine in my book
...and I just want to say this here and not just in my PM to John.

I should have tried harder to not escalate the issue. I didn't appreciate someone telling how to run my team...but should have just let it go. I'm done with it now.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who is competing for the chip.
...oh and I'm completely against changing the rules of streaming pitchers. We're not here to determine the best team - but to determine the best managed team. Streaming pitchers and FA is a key to that. Anyone can plug in the lineups.

Plus, I just don't believe in making drastic changes to dynasty leagues unless it clearly enhances the league.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
...and I just want to say this here and not just in my PM to John.

I should have tried harder to not escalate the issue. I didn't appreciate someone telling how to run my team...but should have just let it go. I'm done with it now.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who is competing for the chip.


You'd better not pick up the guy I want on the waiver wire, otherwise I'll chew you out worse than NinerJohn


  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
...oh and I'm completely against changing the rules of streaming pitchers. We're not here to determine the best team - but to determine the best managed team. Streaming pitchers and FA is a key to that. Anyone can plug in the lineups.

Plus, I just don't believe in making drastic changes to dynasty leagues unless it clearly enhances the league.


The four moves per week is sufficient.

There is a cap on how many pitchers you can pick up and start every week so it's totally fair in both the regular season and playoffs.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
...and I just want to say this here and not just in my PM to John.

I should have tried harder to not escalate the issue. I didn't appreciate someone telling how to run my team...but should have just let it go. I'm done with it now.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who is competing for the chip.


You'd better not pick up the guy I want on the waiver wire, otherwise I'll chew you out worse than NinerJohn





Lol...that gif is so f**king awesome. And don't worry, I'm done picking pitchers.