LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 199 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
My greatest fear. Have the top hitting team all year, have a huge week during my bye week, and then take a huge dump when it matters. Oh well.

You could have had Lincecum. Damage done - 39 pts

Ouch

True. At least I'm not playing for 11th place. Tell me why you are making FA moves at this point by the way. Unless you are picking someone to be a keeper it makes no sense and can hurt the teams still in the hunt that may want those players. I can see a team in the top 4 still making moves but thats it.

As for Lincecum, its my bad luck that he finally had a game where he didnt walk a bunch of guys and throw 100 pitches by the 5th inning. I suppose I could have looked at the playoff week to see his matchups but the way he pitched all year didnt justify trading for him at the time.

Yes...I decided to do that in July.

...and I'm making FA moves, because I can.

Sure you can. It isnt against the rules. I just think is b******t to tell you the truth. Tell me why you feel its necessary to claim Homer Bailey. I would love to hear your thought process. It cant be because you care about winning. You have made that clear. It cant be because you think he is a keeper. No one is that stupid. My only logical explanation is that you are claiming him to block contenders from grabbing him for the last Sunday of this week. And.. I think that sucks. You should just take your crappy team and sit on it until next season.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Sure you can. It isnt against the rules. I just think is b******t to tell you the truth. Tell me why you feel its necessary to claim Homer Bailey. I would love to hear your thought process. It cant be because you care about winning. You have made that clear. It cant be because you think he is a keeper. No one is that stupid. My only logical explanation is that you are claiming him to block contenders from grabbing him for the last Sunday of this week. And.. I think that sucks. You should just take your crappy team and sit on it until next season.

This is the reason why I picked him up...

RHP Homer Bailey is starting to look like an ace at the right time. He went 7 1/3 innings Tuesday night and allowed one run on four hits to beat the Chicago Cubs 3-1. Bailey walked two and struck out four. It was Bailey's fourth straight quality start. He has gone 29 innings and allowed a total five runs in those starts. That's a 1.55 ERA over that span. Bailey has 20 quality starts on the year, tying Johnny Cueto for the team lead.

Do I think I'll keep him...99.99% no. But, I figured if he pitches at a high level in playoffs, he may be worth something. I never even thought about blocking a contender. What do I care? I didn't think people are so touchy about this stuff...you can have him. I'll drop him. Good luck in the rest of the playoffs.

you're such a baby

RHP Homer Bailey is starting to look like an ace at the right time. He went 7 1/3 innings Tuesday night and allowed one run on four hits to beat the Chicago Cubs 3-1. Bailey walked two and struck out four. It was Bailey's fourth straight quality start. He has gone 29 innings and allowed a total five runs in those starts. That's a 1.55 ERA over that span. Bailey has 20 quality starts on the year, tying Johnny Cueto for the team lead.

Do I think I'll keep him...99.99% no. But, I figured if he pitches at a high level in playoffs, he may be worth something. I never even thought about blocking a contender. What do I care? I didn't think people are so touchy about this stuff...you can have him. I'll drop him. Good luck in the rest of the playoffs.

you're such a baby

Not being a baby at all. You know you arent going to keep him, you have the worst team in this league right now, have a total of 18 pts for the entire week, yet you feel the need to make a claim. Just a move that I completely disagree with and question your motivation for making moves at this point.

By the way, I really dont care about Bailey. He sucks at home and I dont know if I would even claim him. It was more the point of why you feel the need to claim someone right now when there are teams in the hunt.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Sep 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Let me ask you this Ninerjohn. I know you dislike the luck associated with H2H fantasy baseball in the playoffs.

You play in money leagues for fantasy baseball right?

Are those leagues roto?
Originally posted by crzy:
Let me ask you this Ninerjohn. I know you dislike the luck associated with H2H fantasy baseball in the playoffs.

You play in money leagues for fantasy baseball right?

Are those leagues roto?

Yes. 10 category roto league. WZ leagues are fun for H2H but for the cash I do prefer a league with no playoffs and less luck. The best team wins. In H2H the best team very often doesnt.
Crzy... good week for you. Hopefully I can make it close and have it go down to Sunday
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

you're such a baby

Not being a baby at all. You know you arent going to keep him, you have the worst team in this league right now, have a total of 18 pts for the entire week, yet you feel the need to make a claim. Just a move that I completely disagree with and question your motivation for making moves at this point.

By the way, I really dont care about Bailey. He sucks at home and I dont know if I would even claim him. It was more the point of why you feel the need to claim someone right now when there are teams in the hunt.

Yea, my motivation was to add Homer Bailey so no other playoff team can have him. What will I get out of that?

I got nothing against managers who made the playoffs. I'm just looking out for my team. Matt Moore became a sensation during the playoffs, and I just thought maybe Bailey (who had great potential once) dominates in playoffs and be worth something. That's it. It's a dynasty league and I'm doing what is best for myself.

you're such a baby

Yea, my motivation was to add Homer Bailey so no other playoff team can have him. What will I get out of that?

I got nothing against managers who made the playoffs. I'm just looking out for my team. Matt Moore became a sensation during the playoffs, and I just thought maybe Bailey (who had great potential once) dominates in playoffs and be worth something. That's it. It's a dynasty league and I'm doing what is best for myself.

Bottom line is this.. just dont make claims during the playoff week when you are out of the top 4 unless you plan on keeping that player. That would be the right thing to do.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Bottom line is this.. just dont make claims during the playoff week when you are out of the top 4 unless you plan on keeping that player. That would be the right thing to do.

Manage your team. Leave me to manage mine. Stop being an a*****e.

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Sep 19, 2012 at 11:52 PM ]

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Lol

You did such a good job managing your team this year. . Quit half way through the year and then make claims during the playoff week when it can only affect the teams that have tried to win all year long.

4ML.. we differ on philosophy

1) I believe in trying to win this year even when things dont look great at the time. If I have a shot at the playoffs I am going to try to make them. You believe in quitting and selling out even when you still can win. I guess you dont believe that your team can get hot at the right time. Crzy could have had that same thought process and not made it most likely into the finals.

2) I believe in respecting the teams that have made the playoffs and letting them make claims for the playoffs and not making unnecessary claims for no reason. If there was a player that I know I would keep that could be different. You believe in making a claim at any time even though you have no intention of keeping that player. Obviously, in Bailey's case you would have not dropped him if you felt strongly that he could be a keeper for you.

So.. you can be nasty all you want and call me names and flip me off. Who is being the baby here? I don't really care. I just know that I do things the right way in fantasy leagues and I dont think you do.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Sep 20, 2012 at 9:10 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

You did such a good job managing your team this year. . Quit half way through the year and then make claims during the playoff week when it can only affect the teams that have tried to win all year long.

1) I believe in trying to win this year even when things dont look great at the time. If I have a shot at the playoffs I am going to try to make them. You believe in quitting and selling out even when you still can win. I guess you dont believe that your team can get hot at the right time. Crzy could have had that same thought process and not made it most likely into the finals.

2) I believe in respecting the teams that have made the playoffs and letting them make claims for the playoffs and not making unnecessary claims for no reason. If there was a player that I know I would keep that could be different. You believe in making a claim at any time even though you have no intention of keeping that player. Obviously, in Bailey's case you would have not dropped him if you felt strongly that he could be a keeper for you.

So.. you can be nasty all you want and call me names and flip me off. Who is being the baby here? I don't really care. I just know that I do things the right way in fantasy leagues and I dont think you do.

Wow, you're really sensitive. I called you an a*****e, because you are being one. I flipped you off because you don't understand when you're out of bounds and told so politely.

See, that's the thing. It doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't matter if I did a good job of managing my team or not. You need to focus on your team and not tell me what I can and can't do. Stop throwing tantrums. If you don't understand the concept of dynasty league, you're in the wrong league.

Yes, we differ in philosophy. We've went over that. You don't quit in fantasy baseball...and I do. I quit on my team, I hope my team can forgive me. I feel so bad. I'm sure your team loves you as the manager, and they play hard for you and have the same philosophy as you do. Keep up the good work, last year's regular season champ. With your no-quit mentality, I'm sure your team with rally behind you and beat's crzy's team.

Good luck!

Wow, you're really sensitive. I called you an a*****e, because you are being one. I flipped you off because you don't understand when you're out of bounds and told so politely.

See, that's the thing. It doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't matter if I did a good job of managing my team or not. You need to focus on your team and not tell me what I can and can't do. Stop throwing tantrums. If you don't understand the concept of dynasty league, you're in the wrong league.

Yes, we differ in philosophy. We've went over that. You don't quit in fantasy baseball...and I do. I quit on my team, I hope my team can forgive me. I feel so bad. I'm sure your team loves you as the manager, and they play hard for you and have the same philosophy as you do. Keep up the good work, last year's regular season champ. With your no-quit mentality, I'm sure your team with rally behind you and beat's crzy's team.

Good luck!

I threw a tantrum? Give it a rest. I simply asked what your reasoning was for making a claim on Bailey and telling you I disagreed with making claims. Now you have to resort to calling me a baby, an a*****e, flipping me off, and making stupid comments. Grow the hell up.

I know you enjoyed the shot on me for not trading with you for Lincecum. What was your comment? " -39 OUCH" If I lose to Crzy that will be fine. He has some class anyway and I have no problem losing to him.

Now, I have wasted enough time on you. You must be busy anyway preparing for next year.
Share 49ersWebzone