LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

Better for later this year, Mark Ingram or Jahvid Best?

• Chief
  • Veteran
Need to pick one of these guys up off the waiver wire for usage later in the year.

Who would you pick up and why?
Originally posted by Chief:
Need to pick one of these guys up off the waiver wire for usage later in the year.

Who would you pick up and why?

If you have to pick one up right this moment, it would have to be Ingram due to the fact that we don't even know if Best is going to play again this year.

Best would be the obvious choice were it not for the fear of him actually not being able to play another snap this season.
I would rather risk it with best than sign ingram. He's been garbage this season
Originally posted by YungAce:
I would rather risk it with best than sign ingram. He's been garbage this season

Also depends on how desperate the need is. If chief is doing this for depth or flex options and can roll the dice, Best is fine for a gamble. But if the need is more dire for rb2 must start help, may want to go with the guy who is healthier.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

Also depends on how desperate the need is. If chief is doing this for depth or flex options and can roll the dice, Best is fine for a gamble. But if the need is more dire for rb2 must start help, may want to go with the guy who is healthier.

I have Daniel Thomas, Frank Gore, Jackie Battle and Kendall Hunter... So it is more for depth I guess.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I think I will go with Ingram... but if Best comes back in two weeks and I don't have him I'm going to feel like a scrub.
I think I will go with Ingram... but if Best comes back in two weeks and I don't have him I'm going to feel like a scrub.

Grab Best then. Like you said, it's more for depth so take a gamble. If he comes back, he's clearly the guy you want.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

I have Daniel Thomas, Frank Gore, Jackie Battle and Kendall Hunter... So it is more for depth I guess.

Honestly, I would rather start those running backs over Ingram anyways..
Share 49ersWebzone