There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

trade proposal

just got offered steve johnson and mike vick for cam newton and jordy nelson

thinking ill do it. just wanted other opinions. right now i am in first and this is a 10 person money league

my roster is

qb - cam newton
rb - ray rice, fred jackson
flex - frank gore
wr - calvin johnson, joordy nelson
te - vernon davis
def - 49ers
kick - hanson

bench - tony romo, deion branch, reggie wayne, antonio brown, shonne green, ryan torian, dustin keller
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,958
Hasn't Newton scored more than Vick? Hasn't Nelson scored more than Stevie?
Originally posted by krizay:
Hasn't Newton scored more than Vick? Hasn't Nelson scored more than Stevie?

I think he has. However, I would probably make the deal. I do like VIck more.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,958
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I think he has. However, I would probably make the deal. I do like VIck more.

1st week of playoffs against Jets and Cam has Hou.
ya thats why its hard, i think vick will turn on more as he has to bring his team back into contention.
pulled the trigger. I really needed another #1 receiver to make my starting line up perfect. I think vick and newton are an even trade too
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,958
#1 WR? You gave up points on both ends!

Good luck to you though
tough trade. vick and johnson will pick it up as the season goes on, but they both play the jets with johnson playing them twice.
No use now, but I wouldn't have made the trade. I understand the logic that Stevie Johnson and Vick are probably going to have better second halves of the season, but sometimes you gotta just take things at face value. Newton and Nelson are scoring more points and you're in first.

Maybe you're selling high and buying low, but I wouldn't have messed with it.
I woulda stuck with Cam. We know Vick is injury prone. That and Newton is going to end up passing for 5000 yards and who knows how many touchdowns - both in the air AND on the ground.

I get the feeling you liked the look of all those big names on your roster instead of looking at the points column where it really counts. Good luck to you anyway.
[ Edited by zillabeast on Nov 1, 2011 at 7:31 PM ]
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I woulda stuck with Cam. We know Vick is injury prone. That and Newton is going to end up passing for 5000 yards and who knows how many touchdowns - both in the air AND on the ground.

I get the feeling you liked the look of all those big names on your roster instead of looking at the points column where it really counts. Good luck to you anyway.

This!
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I woulda stuck with Cam. We know Vick is injury prone. That and Newton is going to end up passing for 5000 yards and who knows how many touchdowns - both in the air AND on the ground.

I get the feeling you liked the look of all those big names on your roster instead of looking at the points column where it really counts. Good luck to you anyway.

nah, i feel vick is just picking it up and cam is slowing down. And steve johnson will get way more looks then nelson. this trade is could go either way, im betting it will go my way. we will see
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,958
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
nah, i feel vick is just picking it up and cam is slowing down. And steve johnson will get way more looks then nelson. this trade is could go either way, im betting it will go my way. we will see

vick "just picking it up" last 3 games. 31, 19, 31
Newton "slowing down" last 3 games. 14, 30, 35

Newton has ATL, Hou, Tampa in playoffs
Vick has Mia, Jets, Dal in playoffs
Originally posted by krizay:
vick "just picking it up" last 3 games. 31, 19, 31
Newton "slowing down" last 3 games. 14, 30, 35

Newton has ATL, Hou, Tampa in playoffs
Vick has Mia, Jets, Dal in playoffs

ya my scoring is different. Cam hasnt had a 30 point game since week 3, been good but not 30+ points since then. Both of them at this point are a wash as of now with more upside for vick imo. Hou has been #2 against opposing qbs and you keep acting like they are super weak. you are entitled to your opinion
youre going to win it all....what position did you draft? how did you get gore and rice? i know jackson was a later round pick