LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

What's Cameron Newton worth to you?

Originally posted by zillabeast:
I picked at #9, so I took Rodgers there. It was a 10 man draft so the next man up took Gore, then Fitzgerald. I took Andre Johnson after that.

How the hell Calvin slipped the rest of the way is beyond me. This was a live draft at a bowling alley, and trust me, I was trash talking these fools the entire rest of the night when I realized he was on the board with my 3rd pick.

Then I tried to be cute and took Reggie Wayne three picks later at #4, and my board looked dominant by the end of the night. My goal was to have 100% surefire starters every week in at least 4 slots (we have a flex), but Andre's injury and the death of Peyton Manning put a damper on that.

Then I had the foresight to pick up Cam Newton halftime of week 1. Turned out nicely. As you would imagine, my RB's are s**t, so I needed this one.

Thats exactly how my draft went except sub brady for rogers and fitz for calvin I took vincent jackson on the wat back instead of wayne too and picked up cam on waivers after week one as well lol my wr were stacked but I was starting bush and igram as my rb :/ just traded cam for arain foster today lol
Originally posted by 9er_84:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I picked at #9, so I took Rodgers there. It was a 10 man draft so the next man up took Gore, then Fitzgerald. I took Andre Johnson after that.

How the hell Calvin slipped the rest of the way is beyond me. This was a live draft at a bowling alley, and trust me, I was trash talking these fools the entire rest of the night when I realized he was on the board with my 3rd pick.

Then I tried to be cute and took Reggie Wayne three picks later at #4, and my board looked dominant by the end of the night. My goal was to have 100% surefire starters every week in at least 4 slots (we have a flex), but Andre's injury and the death of Peyton Manning put a damper on that.

Then I had the foresight to pick up Cam Newton halftime of week 1. Turned out nicely. As you would imagine, my RB's are s**t, so I needed this one.

Thats exactly how my draft went except sub brady for rogers and fitz for calvin I took vincent jackson on the wat back instead of wayne too and picked up cam on waivers after week one as well lol my wr were stacked but I was starting bush and igram as my rb :/ just traded cam for arain foster today lol

See? You got ultra-high value too. The only player ahead of Cam in nearly all formats is Aaron Rodgers. If a team is shot a QB, you might as well go for it. I'm pretty convinced he's going to keep the pace all year long.
Just saw Cam get traded for LeSean McCoy in another league. Dude is hot.
Newton for Ray Rice (same QB's)

but we need to let him develop to see who is cam newton really
[ Edited by pepperfoot on Oct 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone