There are 184 users in the forums

What's Cameron Newton worth to you?

I am one of the those who had the foresight to pick up Cam Newton at halftime of Week 1 in a couple of leagues. He has been sitting on the bench behind Aaron Rodgers on one team, and behind Drew Brees on the other. I have no intention of staring Cam over those guys. Still, one quarter of the season down and he is one of elites in Fantasy Football. Here's a few offers I've sent out, would you take them?

-Newton for Adrian Peterson (QB's are Schaub and Cassel)

-Newton for Larry Fitzgerald (QB's are Eli Manning and Mark Sanchez)

-Newton & Tony Gonzalez for Greg Jennings & Jimmy Graham (his QB's are Roethlisberger & Cutler)

-Newton for Maurice Jones-Drew (QB's are Matt Ryan and Eli Manning)

-Newton for Ray Rice (same QB's)
[ Edited by zillabeast on Oct 4, 2011 at 2:56 PM ]
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I am one of the those who had the foresight to pick up Cam Newton at halftime of Week 1 in a couple of leagues. He has been sitting on the bench behind Aaron Rodgers on one team, and behind Drew Brees on the other. I have no intention of staring Cam over those guys. Still, one quarter of the season down and he is one of elites in Fantasy Football. Here's a few offers I've sent out, would you take them?

-Newton for Adrian Peterson (QB's are Schaub and Cassel)

-Newton for Larry Fitzgerald (QB's are Eli Manning and Mark Sanchez)

-Newton & Tony Gonzalez for Greg Jennings & Jimmy Graham (his QB's are Roethlisberger & Cutler)

-Newton for Maurice Jones-Drew (QB's are Matt Ryan and Eli Manning)

-Newton for Ray Rice (same QB's)

Youre best trade would be Cam n TG for Jennings n Graham. That guy would be the most likely to trade imo.
I wouldnt do any of those if I was the other guys lulz
HELL NO to all of the trades but the gennings/graham one
I don't see why not. Their QB's suck and they will never have a chance behind them. I think Cam has proven that he'll be good for 300 or so yards and a couple of TD's.

I don't mind keeping him on the bench. Ultimate insurance policy.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I don't see why not. Their QB's suck and they will never have a chance behind them. I think Cam has proven that he'll be good for 300 or so yards and a couple of TD's.

I don't mind keeping him on the bench. Ultimate insurance policy.

...because there is still a bigger risk factor with Cam. He hasn't proven it over a whole or two that he can continue this sort of production. Plus, none of those teams are in desperate need for a staring QB - maybe the team with Cutler and Big Ben.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
...because there is still a bigger risk factor with Cam. He hasn't proven it over a whole or two that he can continue this sort of production. Plus, none of those teams are in desperate need for a staring QB - maybe the team with Cutler and Big Ben.

this.
I don't think you'll be able to net anything in the top 30 picks or so for him. Even then, you're probably better off going for someone injury-starved or ridden with the bye weeks.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Very true. But in the case of the Cutler and Big Ben team, I'm not sure if either of them will survive an entire season at the rate they are getting hit.
Well son of a b***h. The last place team in one of my $$$ Leagues (0-5) just agreed to send me Adrian Peterson for Cam Newton. Should I feel like a dick lol? It's a 52 point swing in his favor so I really shouldn't I suppose. His QB's were Kolb and Hasselbeck.

Well son of a b***h. The last place team in one of my $$$ Leagues (0-5) just agreed to send me Adrian Peterson for Cam Newton. Should I feel like a dick lol? It's a 52 point swing in his favor so I really shouldn't I suppose. His QB's were Kolb and Hasselbeck.

Boom. Championship
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Boom. Championship

This is how my 1st three rounds in that league went:

Rodgers

Andre Johnson

Megatron

I sure hope so!
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Rodgers

Andre Johnson

Megatron

I sure hope so!

HTF was that even possible to get in the 1st 3 rounds?
Originally posted by krizay:

Rodgers

Andre Johnson

Megatron

I sure hope so!

HTF was that even possible to get in the 1st 3 rounds?

I picked at #9, so I took Rodgers there. It was a 10 man draft so the next man up took Gore, then Fitzgerald. I took Andre Johnson after that.

How the hell Calvin slipped the rest of the way is beyond me. This was a live draft at a bowling alley, and trust me, I was trash talking these fools the entire rest of the night when I realized he was on the board with my 3rd pick.

Then I tried to be cute and took Reggie Wayne three picks later at #4, and my board looked dominant by the end of the night. My goal was to have 100% surefire starters every week in at least 4 slots (we have a flex), but Andre's injury and the death of Peyton Manning put a damper on that.

Then I had the foresight to pick up Cam Newton halftime of week 1. Turned out nicely. As you would imagine, my RB's are s**t, so I needed this one.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

LOL...that's a great trade for you. I wonder why he is in the last spot.
Share 49ersWebzone