LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

CJ trade

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
12 team league. 0.5 ppr. I lost Kenny Britt for the season. My current WR's are M. Williams (tampa), S. Rice. V. Cruz and A. Brown. I'm about to trade Eli (backup to Rivers) for Plaxico burress.

So here's the trade:

I get: Hakeem Nicks and Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis (lawfirm)
He gets CJ

Should I do it?
Wellllll who's your other RB.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Ahmad Bradshaw, Reggie Bush, James Starks.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
After posting my other RB's, nevermind. Can't go the entire season with Bradshaw, Green-Ellis, Bush and Starks.

Close Thread.
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Ahmad Bradshaw, Reggie Bush, James Starks.

In that case, I would hang onto Johnson (unless by CJ you mean CJ Spiller). The reasoning is that for one, he simply can't be THAT bad. Something is just not clicking but the guy is a young stallion, and you'll eventually start getting results.

Nicks has not done anything special yet, and BenJarvus might already be looking at Stevan Ridley cutting into his carries after last weekend. I think you go through with the Burress trade, and see how that pans out - as well as Chris Johnson in Cleveland this weekend. If nothing changes, maybe re-evaluate this trade next week.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:
12 team league. 0.5 ppr. I lost Kenny Britt for the season. My current WR's are M. Williams (tampa), S. Rice. V. Cruz and A. Brown. I'm about to trade Eli (backup to Rivers) for Plaxico burress.

So here's the trade:

I get: Hakeem Nicks and Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis (lawfirm)
He gets CJ

Should I do it?

If CJ is CJ0K I'd make this trade if I were you. Then instead of the Manning trade for a WR. Does this guy have any RB's?
I was high on Antonio Brown before the season kicked off, and though he got off to a slow start, he's slowly becoming a friendly target for Big Ben. Talk is he's taken over as the #2 WR on their depth charts. I think Williams will start to get it going once Freeman remembers how to pass, Rice looked good last weekend, and Cruz may just be the new Steve Smith for Eli. I think your WR group has some hope.
Share 49ersWebzone