LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Start Romo this week or not?

Start Romo this week or not?

The Cowboys play on monday night. So this means that unless you already have Kitna, or you have someone on your roster playing monday night that you could drop for Kitna at the last minute, you will not be able make a late QB switch.

So Romo owners, like me, need to decide by sunday whether to roll the dice with Romo or play it safe with their back up QB.

And there's also the question of whether or not Romo, if he plays, will be as effective without Austin and possibly without Dez Bryant.

In my case, the other option is Hasselbeck at home against Denver.

What do you think, zone?
Hasselbeck
  • krizay
  • Veteran
For my money i'd roll Romo! He couldn't even breath agaist us. It's said his lungs is healed and he will likely get shot up, so i'd start him with confidence. It also appears Dez will be playing.

Start him with confidence.
Originally posted by krizay:
For my money i'd roll Romo! He couldn't even breath agaist us. It's said his lungs is healed and he will likely get shot up, so i'd start him with confidence. It also appears Dez will be playing.

Start him with confidence.

Agreed. And he still has Witten.
As long as Romo takes the field he is going to find a way to put up solid fantasy numbers, I'd go with Romo.
Hmmm... So far Hasselbeck is leading the votes and Romo is leading the posts.

Another option I wanted to get people's opinion on:

What about dropping Hasselbeck for Kitna?

That way if news gets out before the game on monday that Romo won't play I'd still be able to make a switch. The only problem is that I'd be giving up a guy that might make a better back up if Romo misses extended time. And I'd have to deal with the cowboys week 5 bye somehow....
Well the ideal would be if you had room on your bench to carry both of them for a week. Having Kitna would make life a little easier for you. You'd probably know if Romo is starting in time to adjust your roster. If you don't have Kitna and you can't find out if Romo's going to play, then I think you have to play Hasselback.
It looks like romo will play...but he's still one hit away and MIles and Dez are out arent they?

I have this dilemma too, I think I'm going to go Hasselbeck mostly because DAL plays on monday and I cant afford to get screwed
Share 49ersWebzone