LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 326 users in the forums

Ray Rice (my team) for Drew Brees (his team)

Ray Rice (my team) for Drew Brees (his team)

No PPR, passing TDs = 4, rushing TDs = 6.

My logic:
Brees has score 10 more points than Rice currently and both will continue to ball out without a doubt. However, my RB depth is enough to keep me strong throughout the season so I can afford to trade for an elite QB (the only shaky part of my team).

My team right now:

QB - Big Ben
QB - Matt Hasslebeck
RB - Ray Rice
RB - LeGarette Blount
RB - Jahvid Best
RB - Ben Tate
RB - Knowshon Moreno
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Steve Smith
WR - AJ Green

Your thoughts?

Oh, and PS: There's no flex. Only 2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE, and 1 QB per week (plus K, DEF, and DPs).
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Sep 22, 2011 at 12:36 PM ]
  • gage
  • Veteran
He won't do Best or Blount (or both, lol) for Brees?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
No PPR, passing TDs = 4, rushing TDs = 6.

My logic:
Brees has score 10 more points than Rice currently and both will continue to ball out without a doubt. However, my RB depth is enough to keep me strong throughout the season so I can afford to trade for an elite QB (the only shaky part of my team).

My team right now:

QB - Big Ben
QB - Matt Hasslebeck
RB - Ray Rice
RB - LeGarette Blount
RB - Jahvid Best
RB - Ben Tate
RB - Knowshon Moreno
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Steve Smith
WR - AJ Green

Your thoughts?

Oh, and PS: There's no flex. Only 2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE, and 1 QB per week (plus K, DEF, and DPs).

No way I make that deal. Ben will be fine as your QB and I dont think your RB depth is as great as you think. Moreno is injured and unreliable, Best will never make it through a full year, Tate will be a full time backup in a week and Blount has been awful so far. Rice is worth more than Drew Brees and in fact might be the first pick in a draft if it was held today.
Thanks for the feedback.

Ninerjohn - I hear you. I think maybe I should wait a week or two to see how my RBs. I could look back week 6 and see myself with only 2 of these 5. Tate will probably be half of what he is now by then. Moreno is trash, obviously (just keeping him off other rosters).

I have faith in Best (I hate saying so and so is not gonna be around all year) and he looks good in the receiving game -- which gives him a boost for me over Blount currently.

Gage - no he's being a b***h, lol.
Dude...HELL NO!... I can't believe this is even a consideration.

You're considering trading a top 3 RB for the 4th or 5th QB even though RB is significantly more important?

Looking at QB points vs RB points is not the way to look at it. Look at it as RB's vs RB's and QB's vs QB's. The dropoff among QB's is so much smaller than among RB's that it's not even debateable which is a more important position to shine at.

*edit - Let me just say that my opinions barely changed on either player since my fantasy draft (maybe slightly lower for Brees as he's lost receivers) and in our auction I spent 81 on Rice and wouldn't have spent more than 30 on Brees. That's right, I think he is more than twice as valuable as Brees (unless you have some crazy scoring system).
[ Edited by mug0mug on Sep 23, 2011 at 11:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone