There are 211 users in the forums

WEEK 3 TE & FLEX

This is to fill both a TE and Flex spot.
I get 1 point per reception
One of the TEs MUST start, the Flex can be WR/RB/TE (so I can start both TEs If I like)

Fred Davis @ Dallas
Owen Daniels @ New Orleans
Davone Bess @ Cleveland
DeAngelo Williams vs. Jacksonville
Daniel Thomas @ Cleveland

Obviously the reasoning behind who to start/not to start is always appreciated.
I would throw up Owen Daniels in the New Orleans game. We saw what a good passing attack can do to the Saints defense in week 1, and the consesus seems to be that HOU-NO will be a shootout. I think your TE chances are best played in that game.

I would start DeAngelo at home against Jacksonville in the Flex. I know it's been a slow start with Cam grabbing all the glory, but this just seems like the week where the Panthers finally win, and if the Panthers are in control early they may turn to the ground game to clean up.
Daniels @ TE

I feel the way Zilla does about the Panther game and I would totally lean towards Williams. I'd be tempted with Thomas though because he got the bulk of the carries last week over Bush, and Cleveland has been horrid vs. the run so far this year.
Thanks guys.

Bear in mind that my league is 1 PPR scoring, so a guy who catches the ball three or four times for 50-60 yards yields the same points as a guy who rushes for 90-100 yards. Also it's interesting that you both called Daniels and Williams. I told myself I was going to go with a "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" approach to picking my starters this year. I burned myself a lot last year, sitting guys who were producing ok (average) in favor of the guy who "hasn't done much yet, but has a lot of talent and could really bust out with this weeks match up". Under this rational I'm trying to stick by, both Daniels and especially Williams should probably sit. Still... Hmmm, so much harder picking starters for yourself than for someone else.
Originally posted by HomestarRunner:
Thanks guys.

Bear in mind that my league is 1 PPR scoring, so a guy who catches the ball three or four times for 50-60 yards yields the same points as a guy who rushes for 90-100 yards. Also it's interesting that you both called Daniels and Williams. I told myself I was going to go with a "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" approach to picking my starters this year. I burned myself a lot last year, sitting guys who were producing ok (average) in favor of the guy who "hasn't done much yet, but has a lot of talent and could really bust out with this weeks match up". Under this rational I'm trying to stick by, both Daniels and especially Williams should probably sit. Still... Hmmm, so much harder picking starters for yourself than for someone else.

Of course, it's your team.

But this way if anything goes wrong you can always come back to the thread and flame us for it to vent your frustrations.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Of course, it's your team.

But this way if anything goes wrong you can always come back to the thread and flame us for it to vent your frustrations.

Thanks I guess there's that.
Bess or Thomas but since its a ppr id go with Bess.
Fred Davis against a weak Dallas secondary and Daniel Thomas against the Browns...
The good news: After a little agonizing I sat Williams and Bess and played Thomas.

The bad news: I sat Daniels and played Davis.

All that matters: I won again this week.

Thanks for the feedback guys it helps my thought process in trying to decide what to do.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
owen daniels.

and

deangelo.

Share 49ersWebzone