There are 197 users in the forums

What is better for Fantasy Football (2011): ESPN or Yahoo?

What is better for Fantasy Football (2011): ESPN or Yahoo?

I did a search on here to see if a thread existed for this but didn't find anything. Sorry if I missed this.
I'm setting up a FF league and wanted to get the WZ opinion on which FF service is preferred: ESPN or Yahoo.

I haven't played FF since '09, so I know both services have changed. When you vote, please post your reasons (i.e. better online draft capabilities, better instant stat tracking, better interface, etc.). If your choice is "other" please specify.

I'm looking for a free service, but I'm open to hearing about paid FF sites if you think it is worth the price.

Thanks!!!

EDIT: Also, I'd love to hear feedback if any one has experience with their mobile apps!
[ Edited by srenin_evoli on Aug 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM ]
Yahoo is better, but ESPN has a better drafting platform. My main league drafts through ESPN and then transfers the results over to Yahoo.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Aug 30, 2011 at 3:42 PM ]
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Yahoo is better, but ESPN has a better drafting platform. My main league drafts through ESPN and then transfers the results over to Yahoo.

That's interesting. I've never thought about that.

Is the transfer a manual process (i.e. set up an 'Offline draft' league at Yahoo and input the selections by hand)?
NFL.com ! Although I've always though Yahoo had the best drafting platform
ESPN because we never had to wait for our scores to show up at the end of the day.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Fleaflicker except their drafting platform sucks ass. Their website is the easiest to use and gives the commish the most options, particularly for keeper leagues
Originally posted by crzy:
Fleaflicker except their drafting platform sucks ass. Their website is the easiest to use and gives the commish the most options, particularly for keeper leagues

this.....fleaflicker is hreat ig it werent how you draft players.....BUT

Yahoo still owns
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

Yahoo still owns

If Yahoo had Fleaflicker's commish options, it would own by far.

But Yahoo still doesn't allow you to friggin declare keepers and carry them over into the draft. Or to trade future keepers. You have do all that crap offline.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

Yahoo still owns

If Yahoo had Fleaflicker's commish options, it would own by far.

But Yahoo still doesn't allow you to friggin declare keepers and carry them over into the draft. Or to trade future keepers. You have do all that crap offline.

Yeah I suppose so....we all know that NFL.com blows
Thanks for the input so far everyone. It looks like Yahoo is definitely the favorite.

One more question: Do any of you have experience with either the ESPN or Yahoo iphone apps? I'll be on the road a lot this fall so having reliable mobile phone apps to help update my team will be important.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by srenin_evoli:
Thanks for the input so far everyone. It looks like Yahoo is definitely the favorite.

One more question: Do any of you have experience with either the ESPN or Yahoo iphone apps? I'll be on the road a lot this fall so having reliable mobile phone apps to help update my team will be important.

i used my droid for yahoo last year without a problem.
Originally posted by srenin_evoli:
Originally posted by mug0mug:

That's interesting. I've never thought about that.

Is the transfer a manual process (i.e. set up an 'Offline draft' league at Yahoo and input the selections by hand)?

I'm not the commish in the league, so I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure it is done manually, yea.
I like Yahoo but NFL.com has highlight videos. You cant beat that imo.
Share 49ersWebzone