LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

I got the #2 overall pick (9/1/11: Chris Johnson just signed)

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Rodgers gets more points than anyone but Vick. Hes worth more than any RB even with 4 point TDs. In a 12 team league at #2 with a snake draft he could be ass out on getting a QB that will lead FF in points. So if he took Rodgers at #2 then at 23 n 26 he could snag 2 RBs who have a point value equal or better than QB at 23 & 26. I also dont know how this got all bolded but it did lol.

Yes QB's score more points than RB's but that goes fo 8-10 QB's not just Rodgers (or Vick). But the point differential between what QB you can get at the end of the 2nd and beginning of the 3rd is smaller than the differential you can get from a top RB at #2 and a RB you can get at the end of the 2nd beginning of the 3rd.

last year's numbers

Peterson 16.1 FPG

Bradshaw 12.7
Steve Jax 12.4

Rodgers 24.7

Manning 23.1
Brees 22.7
Rivers 22.5
Brady 21.8

You dont really see those high scoring QBs last until #23 in most 12 man leagues. It could be risky to leave your highest scoring potential to chance at the end of RD2 or later. Atleast I wouldnt because I always have to get my highest scorer 1st. Each and every time I didnt I ended up middle of the pack with a nice set up of RBs n WRs but never a QB to put me up top. 12 team leagues are a b***h like that imo.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
1) AP
2) Foster
3) Rice

Has to be one of those and you cant lose with any of them. Id pass on CJ for this year.

I'm with krizay, if those high scornig QB's aren't there at #23, more power to you, you'll get another stud wr or rb
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
You dont really see those high scoring QBs last until #23 in most 12 man leagues. It could be risky to leave your highest scoring potential to chance at the end of RD2 or later. Atleast I wouldnt because I always have to get my highest scorer 1st. Each and every time I didnt I ended up middle of the pack with a nice set up of RBs n WRs but never a QB to put me up top. 12 team leagues are a b***h like that imo.

obviously each league's owners are different. League scorings are different. But Brees ADP in a 12man is 3.06, Rivers 3.02, Romo 4.10 and Peyton 4.04

Say you do take Rodgers over Peterson. You gain a minimum of 2 ppg(if you get a QB in the 2nd) and a maximum of 5 (if you get a QB in the 3rd-6th. If you take Peterson you are almost guaranteed to gain 4 points (and that's just from what will be available at RB in the 2nd. )

Let's put this in black and white (from the #2 spot)

1st Peterson 16.1
2nd Steven Jackson 12.4
3rd Bowe 12.9
4th any QB you want (schaub 19.8, ryan 19.3, romo 21.3, roethlisberger 21.5) but i'll take Ryan since his total is lower.

= 60.7

1st Rodgers 24.5
2nd Steven Jackson 12.4
3rd Bowe 12.9
4th (now you're looking at Best 9.4, Felix Jones8.6 , DeAngelo 8.0) best is the highest so i'll use him

=59.2

So the worst case scenario in option #1 is still 1.5 ppg better than the best case scenario in option #2.

I can't break it down any better than this. So good luck to you.
[ Edited by krizay on Aug 26, 2011 at 4:38 PM ]
kriz knows his $hit, but looses in VD vs Michael Huff
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Jamaal Charles
Someone is a member of FFToday Real nice breakdown krizay.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Drafting a QB before round 3 is insanity unless you play in a 2 QB league or get 8 points per passing TD.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Thanks everyone for all your help.

I've narrowed it down to Foster, AP, Rice. I like AP and Rice more than Foster this year. I kinda want Foster to go 1 so I don't have to make that decision. But assuming AP or Rice go #1, would you take Foster over the remaining back (AP/Rice).
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Amir:

I've narrowed it down to Foster, AP, Rice. I like AP and Rice more than Foster this year. I kinda want Foster to go 1 so I don't have to make that decision. But assuming AP or Rice go #1, would you take Foster over the remaining back (AP/Rice).

Bump

Bump

AP over Foster. Foster over Rice. Unless he gets injured you cant go wrong with Foster. The guy can have an offensive explosion any given game. The only reason I say AP over Foster is because you know what your getting with AP while Foster has only had one really good year.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Well, Chris Johnson just signed. Do I take him at #2 now?
I'm still nervous about both Foster and CJ.

Foster is already hurt.

And CJ is done holding out, but players who hold out often get injured.

So I'd take CJ over Foster for sure. But I'd still think about Rice or Charles at #2. Sounds crazy, but it could look real smart by the end of the season.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'd take CJ #1 now that he's signed
id go AP, Rice, CJ in that order. I would stay away from Foster.. he is already prob going to miss a week or 2 and who knows what else. The hit he took to aggrevate his hammy was a minimal hit .. This thing could flare up at any time not work picking i would go after ben tate in a later round tho for the sucker who does take foster.
Share 49ersWebzone