There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League (49ersMyLife is THE CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by crzy:
Anyways, to condense all my ramblings


Settings
-Head to Head Points Yahoo.com
-Webzone Draft starts in March
-4 Keepers with giving up draft picks.

Roster Positions
Hitting (10): C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, Util
Pitching (8): SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P
Bench (5): BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Scoring for Batting Categories
H: .75
1B: 1
2B: 2
3B: 3
HR: 4
AB: -.25
BB: 1.5
SO: -.75
HBP: 1
R: 1
RBI: 1
SB: 2
CS: -1
GIDP: -1


Scoring for Pitching Categories
ER: -1 pts
H: -1 pts
BB: -1 pts
HR: -1 pts
HBP: -1 pts
PO: +0.5 pts
W: 2 pts
L: -1 pts
K: 1 pts
IP: 2 pts
S: 4 pts
BS: -3 pts
HLD: 1 pts
IRA: -0.5 pts
CG: 6 pts
SHO: 10 pts

Looking better. I still think IPS should be just 1 pt. and that Wins should be worth at least 3-4 pts. I hope you dont think I'm complaining though. Just giving input.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,272
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by crzy:
Anyways, to condense all my ramblings


Settings
-Head to Head Points Yahoo.com
-Webzone Draft starts in March
-4 Keepers with giving up draft picks.

Roster Positions
Hitting (10): C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, Util
Pitching (8): SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P
Bench (5): BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Scoring for Batting Categories
H: .75
1B: 1
2B: 2
3B: 3
HR: 4
AB: -.25
BB: 1.5
SO: -.75
HBP: 1
R: 1
RBI: 1
SB: 2
CS: -1
GIDP: -1


Scoring for Pitching Categories
ER: -1 pts
H: -1 pts
BB: -1 pts
HR: -1 pts
HBP: -1 pts
PO: +0.5 pts
W: 2 pts
L: -1 pts
K: 1 pts
IP: 2 pts
S: 4 pts
BS: -3 pts
HLD: 1 pts
IRA: -0.5 pts
CG: 6 pts
SHO: 10 pts

Looking better. I still think IPS should be just 1 pt. and that Wins should be worth at least 3-4 pts. I hope you dont think I'm complaining though. Just giving input.

I like it when you complain actually. Especially since you can argue logically why you think it should be a certain way.


There is this great website http://baseballmonster.com/PlayerRankings.aspx


You input your scoring system, and then it tells you how many fantasy points each hitter and pitcher generated in 2010.

Using that website, you can tweak your scoring system until there is balance and everything makes sense.

Right now, I'm not satisfied with my relief pitching stats. I made saves worth 4 because I was trying to make closers worth more, but I will play with that a bit more.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,272
The reason why I made innings pitched worth 2 instead of worth 1 is to balance the value of starting pitchers versus hitters.


When innings pitched are worth 2 points, the top 2010 pitcher, Roy Halladay (493 fantasy points) has middle 2nd round value, Felix Hernandez (447.33 fantasy points) has 3rd round value and so forth. Here is the chart:





If I were to take your suggestion and make innings pitched worth 1 point,then Roy Halladay would have 242 points which would be equal to a 16th round offensive player.

It would shift the total fantasy points of starting pitchers down relative to hitters.


I know that starters only have 30-35 starts per year while batters have 160+ games they can play in, but there should be somewhat of a balance in terms of total fantasy points between pitchers and hitters.
Originally posted by crzy:
The reason why I made innings pitched worth 2 instead of worth 1 is to balance the value of starting pitchers versus hitters.


When innings pitched are worth 2 points, the top 2010 pitcher, Roy Halladay (493 fantasy points) has middle 2nd round value, Felix Hernandez (447.33 fantasy points) has 3rd round value and so forth. Here is the chart:





If I were to take your suggestion and make innings pitched worth 1 point,then Roy Halladay would have 242 points which would be equal to a 16th round offensive player.

It would shift the total fantasy points of starting pitchers down relative to hitters.


I know that starters only have 30-35 starts per year while batters have 160+ games they can play in, but there should be somewhat of a balance in terms of total fantasy points between pitchers and hitters.

Sounds good. You have done a lot of homework on this. You are the commish and lets do it.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by crzy:
The reason why I made innings pitched worth 2 instead of worth 1 is to balance the value of starting pitchers versus hitters.


When innings pitched are worth 2 points, the top 2010 pitcher, Roy Halladay (493 fantasy points) has middle 2nd round value, Felix Hernandez (447.33 fantasy points) has 3rd round value and so forth. Here is the chart:





If I were to take your suggestion and make innings pitched worth 1 point,then Roy Halladay would have 242 points which would be equal to a 16th round offensive player.

It would shift the total fantasy points of starting pitchers down relative to hitters.


I know that starters only have 30-35 starts per year while batters have 160+ games they can play in, but there should be somewhat of a balance in terms of total fantasy points between pitchers and hitters.

Sounds good. You have done a lot of homework on this. You are the commish and lets do it.

Its looking better....however, I think for pitching, having a hit count -1 as the same as a HR -1 should be different...

I think hits are so common that it should be like -.50 and walks like -.25

just a suggestion....
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
If this is done as a colaborative draft, it should be done asap....it's a keeper league we all know who the top dogs are. If they get hurt, they are still keepers. Collaboative is a lot longer than two weeks, and with large rosters like baseball, we do need to get the ball rolling on this.

I think that the scoring set up is too complicated. IMO

this again
and yes ninerjohn is a very intelligent whiner















Originally posted by ninerlifer:
and yes ninerjohn is a very intelligent whiner
















Should I take that as a compliment? Ok
... I will
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,272
I'm thinking of increasing the value of wins to 3 actually.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,272
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
If this is done as a colaborative draft, it should be done asap....it's a keeper league we all know who the top dogs are. If they get hurt, they are still keepers. Collaboative is a lot longer than two weeks, and with large rosters like baseball, we do need to get the ball rolling on this.

I think that the scoring set up is too complicated. IMO

this again

Probably around the time spring training starts, everyone will be excited then and want to draft right away.
too late to get in?
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,272
Originally posted by SJniner7:
too late to get in?

sorry full
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
too late to get in?

sorry full

no need for name calling
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home