There are 202 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League (49ersMyLife is THE CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by crzy:
All right, it will be around the first week of March, three weeks before the season starts.

Not sure why you have to do it so early. What if you draft Pujols first and he breaks his leg March 20th ( LOL.. that was for James). I would do the draft the week of the 21st at the earliest. Man.. you are getting antsy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
All right, it will be around the first week of March, three weeks before the season starts.

Not sure why you have to do it so early. What if you draft Pujols first and he breaks his leg March 20th ( LOL.. that was for James). I would do the draft the week of the 21st at the earliest. Man.. you are getting antsy.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

I am antsy.

But if it's a webzone draft that's 20+ rounds...it typically takes around 2 weeks.

We want to make sure it gets done before the season lol

how long does a wz draft take?

I am antsy.

But if it's a webzone draft that's 20+ rounds...it typically takes around 2 weeks.

2 weeks? HUH? This can be done in 1 or 2 nights. We did the WZ draft in 1 night I know that.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

I am antsy.

2 weeks? HUH? This can be done in 1 or 2 nights. We did the WZ draft in 1 night I know that.

A webzone draft, where picks are made on the webzone.

Just like we've done with the dynasty football and dynasty basketball leeagues.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:

how long does a wz draft take?

2 weeks.

But trust me, it is much superior to an online draft for many reasons.

It's hard to get everyone to come together for a draft with people's different schedules and such

Plus it gives you the opportunity to think about your selection, so everyone has a competitive, well thought-out team.
Crzy, I'm interested if someone bails. Let me know.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Crzy, I'm interested if someone bails. Let me know.

sweet more giants fans
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
We have 12 now

crzy
jrg
vrabbit
AllTimeGreat
NinerJohn
TheNaitch
redrose49er
ninerlifer
SacRock14
BoiseNiner
itlynstalyn
49ersMyLife

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Giddyup
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm debating whether or not there should be 3 or 4 keepers.

I think 4 keepers is better because of larger roster size.

However, for each player that is kept (and was originally drafted by a team), that manager must give up a draft pick from the same round where the player was initially drafted the year before

It adds more strategy if you're deciding between keeping Roy Halladay (2nd round) or Madison Bumgarner (11th round)

[ Edited by crzy on Jan 31, 2011 at 21:30:34 ]

However, for each player that is kept (and was originally drafted by a team), that manager must give up a draft pick from the same round where the player was initially drafted the year before

It adds more strategy if you're deciding between keeping Roy Halladay (2nd round) or Madison Bumgarner (11th round)

I've never been in a keeper league like that yet. I've always liked the idea though. How does that work on FA acquisitions and trades?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I'm cool with anything - as long as the keeper rules are kept consistent every year.
If this is done as a colaborative draft, it should be done asap....it's a keeper league we all know who the top dogs are. If they get hurt, they are still keepers. Collaboative is a lot longer than two weeks, and with large rosters like baseball, we do need to get the ball rolling on this.

I think that the scoring set up is too complicated. IMO
Share 49ersWebzone