LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League (49ersMyLife is THE CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by crzy:
Ouch.

Congrats to John.

I'm not giving up just yet. I'm out 50 points with several days left. I can still make a comeback, but I need couple of big games form my pitchers.

Chen and your RPs had the big day you were looking for. Morrow HUGE for me too. This is going to come down to the last day . I really believe its going to be close.

Still didn't close the gap though...I don't know, if I don't make the difference this weekend, it will be tough. Hoping Bautista will have a big game today...and still need my pitchers to fire on all cylinders. Right now, just tryin' to stay within striking distance. I need a CG shut-out from someone.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Offense did great today...so pissed that Alexi got pulled only after 2 innings. Could have really closed the gap.
4ML.... if you come back to win you can thank Jacoby Ellsbury. He gets my vote for sure for AL MVP. What an incredible year and fricking day today.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
4ML.... if you come back to win you can thank Jacoby Ellsbury. He gets my vote for sure for AL MVP. What an incredible year and fricking day today.

I knew going in today that I'll be more than 100 down. I was just hoping I won't be 150 down. You had a terrific day. I have quite a few pitchers going in the next 3 days, and if offense continues to hit well...I may have a small chance. We'll see...Ellsbury is a keeper! I remember being so excited when I got him. Never expected him to hit so many HRs...he is a complete player now.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Let's see if Ellsbury retains his power going forward.

Too many examples of guys with sudden shocking power outburts regressing.

And Verlander should be MVP.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Didn't you say somethin' similar about Bautista?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

I'm naturally cynical person, I can't help it.

When I guy hitting single digits jumps into the 30's in home run total, I doubt whether or not he can do it again. I'd say most people would doubt that actually.
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 25, 2011 at 10:38 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I'm naturally cynical person, I can't help it.

When I guy hitting single digits jumps into the 30's in home run total, I doubt whether or not he can do it again. I'd say most people would doubt that actually.

Ellsbury has had 2 year worth of ABs before this season...! Bautista had like 3 year worth of ABs before he starting hitting bombs in the left field. I'd agree with you if a guy has been playing for several years regularly and hasn't shown a tendency to hit HRs but there are MANY big time HR hitters in the past who took 3-4 years to hit the big-fly consistently.

The fact that he plays half the games in Boston, and then so many road games in the Yankee stadium and in Toronto - I don't worry about his HR potential going forward.

I knew going in today that I'll be more than 100 down. I was just hoping I won't be 150 down. You had a terrific day. I have quite a few pitchers going in the next 3 days, and if offense continues to hit well...I may have a small chance. We'll see...Ellsbury is a keeper! I remember being so excited when I got him. Never expected him to hit so many HRs...he is a complete player now.

I think you have a chance for sure because of Ellsbury and the fact that you have several pitchers left with excellent matchups. I believe either Madison or Vogey will throw a CG SHO against that depleted Rockies team. Good luck. The top 2 teams are scoring the most points in the finals. That is how it should be.

As for Ellsbury.... I dont think he will be a 30 homer guy again but he certainly should be a 20 homer-40 steal guy with 100+ runs scored. Braun, Bautista, and Ellsbury are 3 nice keepers for you.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/power_speed_number_leagues.shtml

Sick Power-Speed Numbers for Kemp and Ellsbury this year.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/power_speed_number_leagues.shtml

Sick Power-Speed Numbers for Kemp and Ellsbury this year.

They are the 2 best players in each league this year. Whether they get the MVPs remain to be seen but they certainly both deserve it. I could see Granderson or Verlander possibly getting it in the AL and Braun is probably still the front runner in the NL.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Verlander and Braun, IMO.

Although Ellsbury, Granderson, and Kemp all deserve it as well. Kershaw also deserves consideration.

Pitchers should be given much more recognition for the MVP award. I know they pitch only every 5 days, but aces carry their team regardless.
Verlander and Braun, IMO.

Although Ellsbury, Granderson, and Kemp all deserve it as well. Kershaw also deserves consideration.

Pitchers should be given much more recognition for the MVP award. I know they pitch only every 5 days, but aces carry their team regardless.

The only guy I would disagree with is Kershaw even though he has been amazing. As great as his year has been I think Kemp is the MVP of the Dodgers. Some great seasons this year by everyone on this list thats for sure.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I think you have a chance for sure because of Ellsbury and the fact that you have several pitchers left with excellent matchups. I believe either Madison or Vogey will throw a CG SHO against that depleted Rockies team. Good luck. The top 2 teams are scoring the most points in the finals. That is how it should be.

As for Ellsbury.... I dont think he will be a 30 homer guy again but he certainly should be a 20 homer-40 steal guy with 100+ runs scored. Braun, Bautista, and Ellsbury are 3 nice keepers for you.

MadBum and Vogey really disappointed last week...but they have a chance to make it up. We'll see. Your team had an amazing week....419 pts in 7 days, that's ridiculous. I do need a CG or couple of really really great pitching nights.

Yea, I also see Ellsbury hitting 20-25 HRs on a consistent basis. Yea, I'll have a very tough time deciding on my 4th keepers. Those 3 you mentioned are already in, but I've 4-5 players worthy of being keepers. Anyway, Good Luck to you as well...! Can't believe only 3 days left in the season!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Great day yesterday...expected more from my hitters. Need 2 more of solid pitching, but if you out hit me - then I've no chance.
Share 49ersWebzone