There are 268 users in the forums

Webzone we have a problem (sorta)

• krizay
  • Veteran
Well, i'm commish of our league. There is no tie breaker in place. As it stands now, the championship game ends in a tie.

So now what? There's no money just bragging rights so no big deal really. So with that said............... Do I try and change the settings to fractional points to determine the winner?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
You may want to do a tiebreaker for week 17

You can make it creative if you want as long as the 2 owners agree

QB vs QB points
Kicker vs Kicker

or just let them do a full game next week

if that doesn't work take the combined playoff scoring for each team providing they each played the same number of games

Just some suggestions
what format, because most of the time if there is no setting in place for a tie, it goes off of bench scoring.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
what format, because most of the time if there is no setting in place for a tie, it goes off of bench scoring.

It's yahoo and it appears that's how they did it. They annointed the one guy the winner and he was the team with the most bench points so........
Originally posted by krizay:
Well, i'm commish of our league. There is no tie breaker in place. As it stands now, the championship game ends in a tie.

So now what? There's no money just bragging rights so no big deal really. So with that said............... Do I try and change the settings to fractional points to determine the winner?

The same thing happened in a money league I am in. There was no tie breaker in place and they decided to just make it a co-championship and split first and 2nd place money.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Split the money
Leave it as is. Since it's not money, nobody should get bent out of shape. And they wouldn't have a right to, really, considering the rule (I'm assuming) has been in place from Yahoo since the league started.

If you get involved and change things, then people will have a right to complain, unless you made it clear you were doing that when the league started.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Leave it as is. Since it's not money, nobody should get bent out of shape. And they wouldn't have a right to, really, considering the rule (I'm assuming) has been in place from Yahoo since the league started.

If you get involved and change things, then people will have a right to complain, unless you made it clear you were doing that when the league started.

Well, I wrote this last night before I knew what yahoo had done or would do. As the week just wrapped up last might and yahoo had yet to update the scoring and what not. Wasn't until this morning I seen they had their own tiebreak in place. Atleast for playoffs as we did have a tie in the regular season.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Well, I wrote this last night before I knew what yahoo had done or would do. As the week just wrapped up last might and yahoo had yet to update the scoring and what not. Wasn't until this morning I seen they had their own tiebreak in place. Atleast for playoffs as we did have a tie in the regular season.

Stat correction gave the other guy the dub-ya!
Same Deal: Yahoo League

I was up 103-102, pre-stat correction.

Stat correction ends up 103-103 tie. He beat me 1-0-1 head to head during the regular season. THey crown him champion.

$500 to 1st place with a $250 championship ring
$250 to 2nd place

One commissioner (2 commish's) proposed splitting it down the middle.
Other guy who I tied is ADAMANT that he's the winner and rules are rules. How fking whack is he and how whack is Yahoo for having regular season games decide who wins a tied CHAMPIONSHIP game?

The guy lost 5 times during the regular season, maybe those five guys should get a piece of the winnings also? Fking pissed.

Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

Stat correction ends up 103-103 tie. He beat me 1-0-1 head to head during the regular season. THey crown him champion.

$250 to 2nd place

Other guy who I tied is ADAMANT that he's the winner and rules are rules. How fking whack is he and how whack is Yahoo for having regular season games decide who wins a tied CHAMPIONSHIP game?

The guy lost 5 times during the regular season, maybe those five guys should get a piece of the winnings also? Fking pissed.

that sucks...

if you were given that stat correction, Im sure you would have been like he was, no? I would! lol, bet that sucks though

$250 to 2nd place

that sucks...

if you were given that stat correction, Im sure you would have been like he was, no? I would! lol, bet that sucks though

Nah man, honestly. Who would wanna win like that? Plus he's BEGGING for the championship ring. You couldn't f**king pay me enough to wear a ring for a championship that I tied. Ties are just that. Nobody wins.

It's me and two other guys in the minority that we should split the pot evenly. Him and 6 others are "rules are rules." SMH.

[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Dec 30, 2010 at 20:41:33 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran

$250 to 2nd place

that sucks...

Nah man, honestly. Who would wanna win like that? Plus he's BEGGING for the championship ring. You couldn't f**king pay me enough to wear a ring for a championship that I tied. Ties are just that. Nobody wins.

It's me and two other guys in the minority that we should split the pot evenly. Him and 6 others are "rules are rules." SMH.

welll the yahoo stat corrections show one patriot not getting the sack and giving it to another person. So in reality there should have been no stat change. If that's indeed the change that got you.

$250 to 2nd place

that sucks...

welll the yahoo stat corrections show one patriot not getting the sack and giving it to another person. So in reality there should have been no stat change. If that's indeed the change that got you.

DUDE THAT IS THE CHANGE!!

But it actually says that Banta Cain lost a tackle, and that he did split the corrected new sack with another person. Weak...You hella got my hopes up.

New England D had 23 in my league pre-correction, and they added the 1 pt correctly.

[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Dec 30, 2010 at 21:01:50 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran

$250 to 2nd place

that sucks...

DUDE THAT IS THE CHANGE!!

But it actually says that Banta Cain lost a tackle, and that he did split the corrected new sack with another person. Weak...You hella got my hopes up.

New England D had 23 in my league pre-correction, and they added the 1 pt correctly.

oops! my bad
Share 49ersWebzone