LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

Steve Johnson

Now that Parrish is out for the year does this boost or lower his production? Should I sit on him or trade high right now, trade deadline is wed.
Keep him. I think his value will go up with Parrish out. Fitzpatrick has developed a nice rapport with Johnson and he'll look to him more often with Parrish done for the season.

I've been following their progress since Fitzpatrick was inserted in the lineup and I see no reason for Johnson to regress. After the first two games Johnson had a TD in each game, so I decided to take an early flier on him and he hasn't disappointed. At first I figured he was just a nice redzone target for Fitzpatrick because of his size but he has proven to be much more than that these last few weeks. With defenses trying to take away the big play from Lee Evans on the other side with a safety over the top, Johnson and Parrish were benefiting on the shorter throws.

I just don't see the benefit of trading him right now. In all honesty you'll have a lot of skeptics about the Bills offense and you'll probably receive less than usual in compensation for a guy putting up the numbers Johnson is putting up right now. I say just ride the hot hand and hope he continues his breakout season.

Just my .02
[ Edited by BoiseNiner on Nov 9, 2010 at 9:57 AM ]
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Keep him. I think his value will go up with Parrish out. Fitzgerald has developed a nice rapport with Johnson and he'll look to him more often with Parrish done for the season.

I've been following their progress since Fitzgerald was inserted in the lineup and I see no reason for Johnson to regress. After the first two games Johnson had a TD in each game, so I decided to take an early flier on him and he hasn't disappointed. At first I figured he was just a nice redzone target for Fitzgerald because of his size but he has proven to be much more than that these last few weeks. With defenses trying to take away the big play from Lee Evans on the other side with a safety over the top, Johnson and Parrish were benefiting on the shorter throws.

I just don't see the benefit of trading him right now. In all honesty you'll have a lot of skeptics about the Bills offense and you'll probably receive less than usual in compensation for a guy putting up the numbers Johnson is putting up right now. I say just ride the hot hand and hope he continues his breakout season. Just my .02

Yeah I was thinking along those lines as well....

BTW its Fitzpatrick not Fitzgerald
Originally posted by Dominate:
Keep him. I think his value will go up with Parrish out. Fitzgerald has developed a nice rapport with Johnson and he'll look to him more often with Parrish done for the season.

I've been following their progress since Fitzgerald was inserted in the lineup and I see no reason for Johnson to regress. After the first two games Johnson had a TD in each game, so I decided to take an early flier on him and he hasn't disappointed. At first I figured he was just a nice redzone target for Fitzgerald because of his size but he has proven to be much more than that these last few weeks. With defenses trying to take away the big play from Lee Evans on the other side with a safety over the top, Johnson and Parrish were benefiting on the shorter throws.

I just don't see the benefit of trading him right now. In all honesty you'll have a lot of skeptics about the Bills offense and you'll probably receive less than usual in compensation for a guy putting up the numbers Johnson is putting up right now. I say just ride the hot hand and hope he continues his breakout season. Just my .02

lol i knew that. brainfart with all the classes I'm taking right now. I have him on a few teams as well.
Originally posted by Dominate:

lol i knew that. brainfart with all the classes I'm taking right now. I have him on a few teams as well.

lol, I know
Steve Johnson is gonna get struck by a lightning bolt Sunday afternoon. Inside the Metrodome.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Steve Johnson is gonna get struck by a lightning bolt Sunday afternoon. Inside the Metrodome.

his comments didnt even make sense. its God's fault that HE dropped a catchable ball? he stepped up like a man and faced the media, and took the blame for dropping it. then he flips a 180 and loses all his credit by lashing out towards God because he didnt catch the ball? wow.

the only cool thing about him now is the SF Giants logo tattooed on his chest. he also has a Warriors logo next to it.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

this made me lol for real
Share 49ersWebzone