There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stragegic FA pickup

• AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
I'm playing the guy at the top of the standings (even though I have the most points) this week and he has P. Manning on a bye week. He has no backup QB and the waiver wire sits Favre, Hasselbeck, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, etc. I'm thinking of scooping up Favre so he doesn't. Normally I wouldn't be scared of Favre but he's playing in GB next week so he may put up some points. Do you think this is a good strategy or will this backfire?

We are only allowed two transactions a week, so I'd be stuck with Chi DEF against Washington, which is okay since there's no sure-thing defenses out there this week. I have to use one of my moves to replace Kaeding though.
Nothing wrong with that strategy. The thing is do you want to hurt yourself just to set this guy back b/c you might need to make another roster move and wont' be able to. And on top of that you choose Farve and no matter what guy he picks he just happens to have big week that week. Seems to work out weird like that for me.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I'm playing the guy at the top of the standings (even though I have the most points) this week and he has P. Manning on a bye week. He has no backup QB and the waiver wire sits Favre, Hasselbeck, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, etc. I'm thinking of scooping up Favre so he doesn't. Normally I wouldn't be scared of Favre but he's playing in GB next week so he may put up some points. Do you think this is a good strategy or will this backfire?

We are only allowed two transactions a week, so I'd be stuck with Chi DEF against Washington, which is okay since there's no sure-thing defenses out there this week. I have to use one of my moves to replace Kaeding though.

I actually did this years ago. But in my league then I had unlimited transactions and they stayed on the wire for 2 1/2 days so I was able to pick up and drop all of the available QB's. and left them on the waiver wire. It worked for me. In your case don't seem to be set up for you to take advantage of it.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
No guarantees. I did this before and grabbed like 4 QBs and he took Jason Campbell, the only starter left, who then had the best game of his career out of nowhere. But then that always happens to me.