LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Help me figure out this trade offer

I'm undefeated in my league and in first place. So I'm a little hesitant to make a trade, since what I have has worked well so far. But there are a couple other teams out there that I think have stronger rosters than me and will probably beat me in the playoffs. So I want to be proactive and shore up my weaknesses now.

I feel like if I can pry Peyton Manning away from the guy who has him without giving up too much of my core team then I can pretty much lock this season up. That guy has a losing record and very few RBs, so I think if I offer him a decent RB in the package he might go for it.

Here's how our teams look now.

My Team:

QB - Eli Manning
WR - Calvin Johnson, Mike Wallace, Deion Branch
RB - Gore, Foster
FLEX - Jamaal Charles
TE - Moeaki (was Finley...)
K - Gould
D - Philly
BN - Jenkins, Gaffney, Louis Murphy, Felix Jones, Reggie Bush, Kevin Kolb

His Team:

QB - Peyton Manning
WR - Colston, TO, DeSean Jackson
RB - Steven Jackson, Sproles
TE - Cooley
FLEX - Josh Morgan
K - Nedney
D - SF
BN - Lee Evans, Devery Henderson, Moreno, Witten, Palmer, Baltimore D

So I was thinking of offering something like:

Eli and Charles for Peyton and Henderson/Witten

What do you guys think? Am I crazy to be making trades when I'm undefeated? Could I be getting more in this trade? What move would you make?

Thanks for the help, zone.
Asking for Peyton Manning is enough. the thing is how bad does he need Charles? you can easily throw reggie bush in the flex once he comes back
No harm in trying. You definetily come out ahead in that trade.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Asking for Peyton Manning is enough. the thing is how bad does he need Charles? you can easily throw reggie bush in the flex once he comes back

I don't know how bad he thinks he needs a RB. I like knowing that I have 3 solid RBs to start every week, and so I'd be hurting for a RB if I was him. Even if Moreno comes back, Denver run blocking sucks and he still would only have 2 decent RBs.
I ended up offering:

Eli Manning + Jamaal Charles for Peyton Manning + Jason Witten

I figured that would cover all my bases and was pretty reasonable. He is at the bottom of the standings after all. So he could be desperate.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I ended up offering:

Eli Manning + Jamaal Charles for Peyton Manning + Jason Witten

I figured that would cover all my bases and was pretty reasonable. He is at the bottom of the standings after all. So he could be desperate.

Would be shocked if he made that deal. Heavily in your favor
Share 49ersWebzone