I'm in a 12 man league.

I trade Philip Rivers and Bralyon Edwards

I get Mike Vick and LT and Randy Moss
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
I'm in a 12 man league.

Id say no.
I think Rivers will end the year as the #1 QB, the Chargers throw all day.
Also Vick is injury prone as we see now.
Randy will most likely get more points than Edwards but will it be enough to account for the difference between Vick and Rivers.
I say no therefore no to the trade.
It depends on what the rest of your roster looks like. Do you have a decent backup if you let Rivers go? Also, how long is this injury going to have Vick out for, and if he does return, is it going to happen again and nag him the whole season?

Getting LT and Moss though would be great. Letting Edwards go shouldn't be such of a big deal with Santonio Holmes back in the lineup.

Personally, I would do it. And maybe pickup Kolb for insurance if he's avaliable.

[ Edited by Fincham11 on Oct 12, 2010 at 10:05:16 ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fincham11:
It depends on what the rest of your roster looks like. Do you have a decent backup if you let Rivers go? Also, how long is this injury going to have Vick out for, and if he does return, is it going to happen again and nag him the whole season?

Getting LT and Moss though would be great. Letting Edwards go shouldn't be such of a big deal with Santonio Holmes back in the lineup.

Personally, I would do it. And maybe pickup Kolb for insurance if he's avaliable.

This is my current team as of now:

QB: Phillip Rivers, Chad Henne
RB: MJD, Peyton Hillis, Beanie Wells, Tim Hightower, Ricky Williams, Felix Jones
WR: Anquan Boldin, Braylon Edwards, Devery Henderson, Louis Murphy, Jacoby Jones
TE: Chris Cooley
Def: San Fran
K: Laurence Tynes

So, if i make this trade, it'll strenghten my 3rd Rb and my 2nd WR, however weaken my QB. So I would basicaly have to rely on Vick to give me points every week, assuming he's healthy and starts over Kolb. Also, Kolb has already been picked up in my league.

[ Edited by Amir_Mamu on Oct 12, 2010 at 14:25:11 ]
No way I make that deal. Rivers is just too valuable for you and Mike Vick has too many question marks. PASS
Originally posted by Fincham11:

This is my current team as of now:

QB: Phillip Rivers, Chad Henne
RB: MJD, Peyton Hillis, Beanie Wells, Tim Hightower, Ricky Williams, Felix Jones
WR: Anquan Boldin, Braylon Edwards, Devery Henderson, Louis Murphy, Jacoby Jones
TE: Chris Cooley
Def: San Fran
K: Laurence Tynes

So, if i make this trade, it'll strenghten my 3rd Rb and my 2nd WR, however weaken my QB. So I would basicaly have to rely on Vick to give me points every week, assuming he's healthy and starts over Kolb. Also, Kolb has already been picked up in my league.

Hmm, well Henne is your backup so you might want to hang on to Rivers then.
I'm in a 12 man league.

This deal has the potential to work out well for you but the big question mark is around Vick and his health and status as a starter.
If you're confident he'll start in at least 9-10 of the remaining games then I say pull the trigger.
If not then don't do it. The drop off from Rivers to Henne is too great.
Share 49ersWebzone