LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

My Commish just made a trade I think is unfair

My commish is in last place and desperate, and just traded:

Flacco, Greg Jennings, Shonn Greene

for

Ryan Torain and Vincent Jackson

I think that's BS. But what do I do, since he's the commish?
u veto it
I don't see where I do that on the yahoo site.

Am I wrong tho, or is that really an unfair trade?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

for

LOL it's not collusion so why veto it? Torain will likely score more in Portis' absence than Jenning s and Greene will score the rest of the year. I also assume Flacco is his backup QB. There stands a chance VJ won't even play. Take the names out of the equation.

[ Edited by krizay on Oct 11, 2010 at 14:24:38 ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

for

LOL it's not collusion so why veto it? Torain will likely score more in Portis' absence than Jenning s and Greene will score the rest of the year. I also assume Flacco is his backup QB. There stands a chance VJ won't even play. Take the names out of the equation.

That's why I posted to here, to see if I'm just overreacting.

I feel like LT will wear down and Jennings will get more targets. By the end of the year those guys will be putting up the numbers everyone thought they would and Torain will be a decent RB on a terrible team that's always playing from behind. I just worry that the guy who got Jennings and Greene is already strong, and when those guys turn it on he'll be too strong.

But like I said, maybe I'm overreacting.
veto for sure

vincent jackson isn't even going to play this year so its a 3 for 1 trade

even if you want to argue that Torrain is the best of the bunch, it isn't by much

[ Edited by znk916 on Oct 12, 2010 at 04:27:57 ]
Veto it.
This is a total BS trade.
Vincent Jackson?! C'mon the guy is suspended and will likely not play at all cuz the Chargers won't trade him or play him.

Torain will not put up big enough numbers for it to matter.
Your commish is trying to pull a fast one on you. Call him out on it.
Originally posted by scopur49er:
Veto it.
This is a total BS trade.
Vincent Jackson?! C'mon the guy is suspended and will likely not play at all cuz the Chargers won't trade him or play him.

Torain will not put up big enough numbers for it to matter.
Your commish is trying to pull a fast one on you. Call him out on it.

I made a stink and force a league vote. But only one other guy voted against it. It's pretty annoying, because right after that, the guy who made out on this trade was able to trade Andre Johnson (for Peyton Hillis) to guy who already had the best team. He would not have been able to do that if he didn't suddenly have so many good players.

But ultimately the people in my league felt like it wasn't collusion so it was fine. I don't think trades that one sided should be allowed whether it's collusion or not, but I'm out voted.

I'm in first place so I guess I shouldn't complain. But I doubt I'll stay there with the other good teams getting fat off the desperate teams.
Share 49ersWebzone