There are 202 users in the forums

My rant against Fantasy Football

Think of fantasy football as kind of like hedging your bets. For example:

"Damn the Niners lost again. 0-4... but my fantasy team won this week. I'm 3-1! b***hin'!"
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Am I the only one that has a problem with this FF craze? Aside from being a Niner fan, above anything I am a fan of the NFL. There are teams I will forever root against like the Cowboys, Rams, Raiders etc... Then there are teams i pity and pull for like the Lions, and Texans.

Point being, there are teams you might pull for and hate more than others and thats the beauty of the sport. Im suppose to feel good that the Seahags won just cause Hasselbeck earned points for "my team". My loyalty is to the Niners, the only time I'll feel great about players and teams playing well is if it affects the Niners in a good way. I don't need Ronnie Brown on "my team" to root for the phins against the Patriots.

Seeing as how this is a football forum, I expect many of you to disagree with a brotha. But i just had to vent.

You do realize that no team is actually "your team" right? You can yell and cheer until you're blue in the face. It's not going to change the outcome. You not rooting for hasslebeck isn't going to change shizz either.

The only thing us fans have control over on Sundays is........ Who to start and who to bench in fantasy football.

So you can sit there and think you're some super fan because you don't play fantasy football. I'm going to sit here and have as much fun as I can on Sundays, controlling as much as I can. Which is "my team".

You'd also be surprised how many NFL players actually play FF. Just saying!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I don't know what you mean? Rooting for Forsett to get a TD doesn't really mean you're rooting for Seahawks to win. You're still rooting for Seahawks to lose in spite of Forsett's TD.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Chief:
To me fantasy football makes the NFL season 100% more enjoyable.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I don't know what you mean? Rooting for Forsett to get a TD doesn't really mean you're rooting for Seahawks to win. You're still rooting for Seahawks to lose in spite of Forsett's TD.

The only thing I dread about FF is when my players go up against the 9ers in some fashion or the other. It's a moral dilemma of significant proportion.
I agree. I still regret signing up this year
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

that's only because you're in last place.
Originally posted by boast:

but i beat you
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by boast:

but i beat you

at first i was

but then i remembered i was in first and i was

Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Lets be real though, we act as if the Seahawks don't benefit from Forsett scoring a TD or having a great. Ideally, it should/will propel them to a win.

Jeff, what you say makes most sense. I suppose with the niners at 0-4 one should look forward to something.
Share 49ersWebzone