LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 134 users in the forums

Trade advice

Would trading Matt Forte for Justin Forsett be a good trade? Forte just looks like s**t and that O-Line is atrocious.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:34 PM ]
How about Miles Austin and Forte for Ahmad Bradshaw, Forsett, and Lance Moore? That's what the trade has evolved to.

My team (3-1):
QB Carson Palmer, Cin QB
RB Frank Gore, SF RB
RB Matt Forte, Chi RB
RB/WR Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR
WR Greg Jennings, GB WR
WR Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR
TE Jermichael Finley, GB TE
D/ST Saints D/ST, NO D/ST
K Robbie Gould, Chi K

Bench Miles Austin, Dal WR
Bench Jonathan Stewart, Car RB
Bench Eli Manning, NYG QB
Bench Robert Meachem, NO WR (Dropping for Michael Bush on waivers)
Bench John Carlson, Sea TE
Bench Rashad Jennings, Jac RB
Bench Rob Gronkowski, NE TE
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:38 PM ]
I dunno....

Austin is an elite player, and you don't want to give up an elite player unless you get one in return.

I think getting Bush is smart, cause you need running backs.

But I'd start shedding TEs if I were you. Maybe I'm alone in this thinking, but never have a backup TE, let alone two backup TEs. The only time I carry two TEs is when my starter has a bye.

Back to your question, I can see how the trade would be good for you, because you'd get two RBs and you need RBs. But I don't think you should give up Austin for guys like Forsett and Moore.

So my advice is to drop your TEs and work the waiver wire. If Bush is available you can probably get Ryan Torain, Green-Ellis or Mike Bell as well.
Yeah I have Gronkowski because I was trading Carlson and I want a backup for my bye week or have a spot open for a waiver pick up. I tried trading Carlson and Jennings for Bradshaw but he didn't bite. He wants Miles. If I get Bush I don't think I'll trade anyone. I'm just scared with the bad juju the Bears have over the past two weeks and I'm trying to get rid of Forte while his value is relatively high.

What about just Forte for Forsett? Maybe I could try Carlson and Forte for a Joseph Addai?

Torrain, Green-Ellis, and Bell are gone.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:16 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone