LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Fantasy football is bulls**t and 99% pure luck

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Austin Collie is the #1 receiver in the NFL

Arian Foster is the #1 RB in the NFL

Mark Clayton has better numbers than Reggie Wayne, Marques Colston, a million other receivers.

Seriously it's pointless drafting in fantasy football. Talent just isn't important. It's all about situation, opportunity (what team each player plays for) and pure luck.
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 26, 2010 at 7:13 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

Mark Clayton has better numbers than Reggie Wayne, Marques Colston, a million other receivers.

Seriously it's pointless drafting in fantasy football. Talent just isn't important. It's all about situation, opportunity (what team each player plays for) and pure luck.

And I have #1 and #2 in rushing to go along with #1, #3 and #5 in receiving!

You said during the draft you hope Kolb sucks balls for me until Ben gets back! well you got your wish! and I'm rather glad you did.
[ Edited by krizay on Sep 27, 2010 at 5:48 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Austin Collie
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm just saying.

Compare the scoring leaders at RB, WR, and QB with the top QB's, WR's, and RB's taken in the draft.

How much of fantasy football is just pure luck?

It's unbelievable.

In one of my money leauges (12 team) I have this team and I'm 0-3

QB Matt Schuab, Big Ben
RB Maurice Jones Drew, DeAngelo Williams, Shonn Greene, CJ Spiller
WR Brandon Marshall Marques Colston Hines Ward, Michael Crabtree, Jabar Gaffney, Mike Williams (TB)
TE Brent Celek, Greg Olsen
DEF 49ers Defense
K Neil Rackers

You look at that roster before Week 1 and tell me that you wouldn't think that's a championship contender.
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 26, 2010 at 7:12 PM ]
week 1 I won in all of my leagues, this week I lose in all 5
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Peyton Hillis is outscoring DeAngelo Williams and Maurice Jones Drew in all formats.
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 26, 2010 at 7:18 PM ]
It's all about match ups, I started KCs defense, I knew Raye was going to pay off for me, it looks like it made the deference in winning for me!
You just figured that out? Of course its mostly luck. Luck where you draft, luck on the matchups, and luck on how the team you play does.
I hate fantasy football.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I hate fantasy football.

Me too f**k this s**t. Teams winning leagues with waiver wire pickups and random scrubs putting up big numbers.

Fantasy basketball and fantasy baseball are way better. With 82 games and 162 games, it's based on skill, not luck.

Only 3 weeks in. If you run for 230 yards and 3 TD's in one game chances are you're going to be in the top 3.

If you play with Peyton Manning chances are you're going to be in the top 3.

I agree there's alot of luck, but you're overreacting here to a slow start. You missed on your backs and Schaub has had a couple of down games.
  • Chief
  • Veteran

I drafted Collie because I knew he was special and had Foster on my draft board as my top pick but he was selected before I could get him.

Maybe you just suck at it?

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Chief:

I drafted Collie because I knew he was special and had Foster on my draft board as my top pick but he was selected before I could get him.

Yeah, I think somebody is just a sore loser. I'm 0-almost 3 right now and I'm not b***hing about how I got screwed. You knew what FF was when you started, man up and stop crying like a girl. Who knew Miles Austin was going to be anything at the start of last year? That's what makes it fun.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

No, I don't suck at fantasy football. I'm in 10 leagues, and I'm in first place in 7 of them.

I'm not bitter either. I'm just making observations.

Even if you valued Foster or Collie as a sleeper, you can't sit there and tell me that you thought that Austin Collie would be a more valuable receiver through three weeks than Randy Moss or Andre Johnson.

Or that Arian Foster would be more valuable than Maurice Jones Drew.

You'd be lying.
  • Chief
  • Veteran

No, I don't suck at fantasy football. I'm in 10 leagues, and I'm in first place in 7 of them.

I'm not bitter either. I'm just making observations.

Even if you valued Foster or Collie as a sleeper, you can't sit there and tell me that you thought that Austin Collie would be a more valuable receiver through three weeks than Randy Moss or Andre Johnson.

Or that Arian Foster would be more valuable than Maurice Jones Drew.

You'd be lying.

Collie as a sleeper, no I didn't think he would be top WR at the end of the year, and I still don't. I thought he could be top 15 and I think he will be about there come the end of the year.

As for Foster, yes I thought he would be worth more than MJD. He is on a far better team with a very strong passing game.
Share 49ersWebzone