LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

QB Advice

Who to start

Joe Flacco vs. Cleveland

Matt Ryan @ New Orleans
Dude I have the same issue at QB this week! I have no clue!

Where is the zone to help us?!?!?

HELP US WEBZONE!!!!
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Sep 23, 2010 at 2:24 AM ]
I say Matt Ryan. I wouldn't be surprised if that game turns into a shootout honestly. Brees will be back in a dome where he's most comfortable and he's not going against a solid defense like he's had to in the first two weeks. I expect a solid game from Brees and if that's the case I believe the Falcons are going to have to throw the ball to keep up with the Saints.

The Baltimore vs. Cleveland game has the makings of a Ray Rice dominate game. After throwing 4 picks last week and looking just as bad against the Jets, I expect the Ravens to lean more towards Rice in this game. IMO just to give Flacco some confidence back. Rice looked much better last week against the Bengals than he did in the Jets game and he should be one of the top RB options in fantasy football this week. Right now I just wouldn't trust starting Flacco in any league until he starts to play better.

Here's a key stat for Flacco as well: He's only thrown multiple TD's in two games dating back to week 6 of last season. That's including the two playoff games.
Flacco is the safe pick.

Matt Ryan is a boom or bust. Either they're gonna kill each other or it will be a defensive struggle. Maybe similar numbers to Alex's on Monday.

Your call.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

HELP US WEBZONE!!!!

Dude...we're f**ked lol

Ive been leaning towards Flacco simply because my train of thought is, he's had a couple rough outings, they want to boost that confidence of his, so why not let him air it out against a relatively s**t team...then ride Ray Rice the rest of the game after Flacco gets a couple TDs in him...

Problem is, with ATL playing NO, like someone said, it could be a shootout, and that could mean BIG MONEYYYYY for Ryan...

Its a tough call
Originally posted by GameOver:

HELP US WEBZONE!!!!

Dude...we're f**ked lol

Ive been leaning towards Flacco simply because my train of thought is, he's had a couple rough outings, they want to boost that confidence of his, so why not let him air it out against a relatively s**t team...then ride Ray Rice the rest of the game after Flacco gets a couple TDs in him...

Problem is, with ATL playing NO, like someone said, it could be a shootout, and that could mean BIG MONEYYYYY for Ryan...

Its a tough call

You're not really f**ked because they are both going put out a positive output on Sunday. It's just a matter of who's going to add those extra toppings to your piping hot pizza.

I would be happy with either of those guys starting on Sunday. Just keep a close eye on how things are looking and make a game-time decision if you have to. That's the cool thing about Fantasy Football.
it's gotta be flacco, even though cleveland's pass D is a bit underrated IMO, Baltimore is at home right?

Ryan on the road against a team that constantly finds ways to create turnovers, Flacco is the safe pick no doubt
Originally posted by zillabeast:

HELP US WEBZONE!!!!

Dude...we're f**ked lol

Its a tough call

You're not really f**ked because they are both going put out a positive output on Sunday. It's just a matter of who's going to add those extra toppings to your piping hot pizza.

I would be happy with either of those guys starting on Sunday. Just keep a close eye on how things are looking and make a game-time decision if you have to. That's the cool thing about Fantasy Football.

I was being sarcastic with the "we're f**ked" thing...to be honest, I enjoy having this dilemma week in and week out, adds some more flavor to my sundays
Originally posted by zillabeast:

HELP US WEBZONE!!!!

Dude...we're f**ked lol

Its a tough call

I was being sarcastic with the "we're f**ked" thing...to be honest, I enjoy having this dilemma week in and week out, adds some more flavor to my sundays

Leaning towards Flacco Nation, but the Ravens might run run run run run.

Tough...
wacco for flacco....

Bowns or Saints?

Id rather play the Browns.

Ryan becase they may have to play catch up and go with the pass. Flacco has looked awful and needs to show something more. Flacco is a borderline starter in any league at this point.
Originally posted by Dominate:
Ryan becase they may have to play catch up and go with the pass. Flacco has looked awful and needs to show something more. Flacco is a borderline starter in any league at this point.

Ryan last year in New Orleans... not so good.

Flacco last year at home vs. Cleveland... much better.

I'll take Flacco against a crappy Browns defense.
I'm stuck with Flacco, but if i had the choice I'd go Matt Ryan especially b/c Roddy White is on fire and a better target than what the Ravens have.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm stuck with Flacco, but if i had the choice I'd go Matt Ryan especially b/c Roddy White is on fire and a better target than what the Ravens have.

Mason, Boldin, Housh, and Ray Rice are not great targets?

Wow.
Nick, I think Im gonna go with Flacco...I just dont want to risk the amount of turnovers and potential of NO defense turning it on against Atlanta (like last year) and Matt Ryan while I have NO problem believing Cleveland will get stomped by B-More...
Share 49ersWebzone