LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Dumb Fantasy Football Moves From People Who Don't Know Fantasy Football

So, some jabroni just dropped Matt Schaub for Michael Vick in one of my leagues. He was scooped up just minutes later by the guy who drafted #1 and had AP. Wish I had been online at the time.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
So, some jabroni just dropped Matt Schaub for Michael Vick in one of my leagues. He was scooped up just minutes later by the guy who drafted #1 and had AP. Wish I had been online at the time.

schaub shoulda been on waivers for at least a day, stop being in gay leagues
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Disagree. If you're paying enough attention to pounce on that s**t as it happens, you should reap the rewards. We've played without a waiver wire for seven years, as agreed by all league members. Still, you get a new guy......

Disagree. If you're paying enough attention to pounce on that s**t as it happens, you should reap the rewards. We've played without a waiver wire for seven years, as agreed by all league members. Still, you get a new guy......

so what, you're supposed to be by your computer/phone all day long in case somebody makes a dumb move like that so you can snatch up Schaub before anyone else notices he's available?

you're not really trying to argue against the waiver system are you?

so what, you're supposed to be by your computer/phone all day long in case somebody makes a dumb move like that so you can snatch up Schaub before anyone else notices he's available?

To answer your first question.....yes. The second? I got nothing against it, but it sure has hell makes things a lot more chaotic without it

I'd have to agree, there's paying attention and there just being lucky... that or having no life what so ever. Even a 12 hour waiver period would be fair. But if your league likes it then cool. Still the rest of you have to play a guy with Schaub and AP now so...
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Sounds like you're in a s**tty league. Those are no fun.
Alright f**kers, we're getting off topic. Point is, dude dropped Schaub for Vick. That's pretty brainless waiver wire or not.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for HomestarRunner.
Alright f**kers, we're getting off topic. Point is, dude dropped Schaub for Vick. That's pretty brainless waiver wire or not.

True. I don't think I'd do that even if Vick were the new starter for the season, which he isn't.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HomestarRunner:

True. I don't think I'd do that even if Vick were the new starter for the season, which he isn't.

Pehaps the owner is the owner of both teams.

Vick is a decent matchup option this week, but nowhere near a long term QB, I picked up Vick for nearly next to nothing, and will more than likely drop him next week.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Vick is a decent matchup option this week, but nowhere near a long term QB, I picked up Vick for nearly next to nothing, and will more than likely drop him next week.

I dropped smith to pick up vick lol

that's why you need waivers and a league manager to prevent stupid s**t like that from happening.
Share 49ersWebzone