LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Bret Farvre or Carson Palmer?

Who should I start week 1 Farver or Palmer?
Go with Favre and hope for the best. Worst thing that happens is the Saints go up early and he has to throw a ton.

Take Favre and you'll get your yards. That's my gut.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Go with Favre and hope for the best. Worst thing that happens is the Saints go up early and he has to throw a ton.

Take Favre and you'll get your yards. That's my gut.

It could go either way. Favre is without Sidney Rice and going up against a very tough Saints defense; who are without Sharper. Palmer has 3 big targets in Ochocinco, Owens and Gresham going against an injured New England secondary.

At the end of the week, there might be 5-10 points difference between these QB's.

If it were me I would go with Palmer because of all of his weapons.
Well with a few hours to go, I have Palmer penciled in. Could see a shoot out with NE, whose CB's look weak. He also seems to have things going with his WRs.

I hope that Farver's ankle is ok and he finds a WR(s) to go to, but until I see that I think I'm going with Palmer... I think... right?... no that's the call.

What do you guys think.
Go with Favre! Expecting a shootout in New Orleans tonight!
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

But couldn't you see one between Cin. & NE? and wouldn't you say palmer faces weaker CBs with stronger WRs.
Originally posted by HomestarRunner:

But couldn't you see one between Cin. & NE? and wouldn't you say palmer faces weaker CBs with stronger WRs.

For sure. My answer is just what my gut tells me. Cincy and NE could, and probably will be, a high scoring affair as well. I think Palmer's play last year kind of soured me towards him as a FF commodity. Her certainly has more weapons to throw to now, I just still see them as a run first team and I don't trust Palmer.
I really hoped you didn't listen to me and started Palmer
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Honestly I wouldn't start Favre until Rice comes back...once NO figured out all they had to do was cover Shiancoe the offense was done.

I went with Palmer. In my leagues scoring Farvre would have brought in 12pts last night. Glad I sat him... for now, we'll see how Palmer does.

Sadly, I did have AP and Reggie Bush playing, both brought in ho-hum numbers, hopefully Palmer and my other guys can make up for it.

Share 49ersWebzone