LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers vs Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers vs Drew Brees

who would you rather have

I have Rodgers, but I really like Brees

another owner has Brees and really likes Rodgers

we may swap, but I'll probably keep rodgers
I honestly like Drew Brees more as a QB. With that said, and it might be way to early to look into it, Aaron Rodgers has a very nice playoff schedule. @Detroit, @New England(just lost their #1 CB to the IR) and then home against the Giants. 3 very suspect pass defenses IMO. Drew doesn't have the toughest playoff schedule himself vs. STL, @Balt and then @Atlanta but IMO Rodgers clearly has an easier one.

Obviously you have to get to the playoffs but when trying to decide between two elite players like this I like to look ahead a little bit(or a lot in this case). During the season I don't think there will that much of a difference between the two in terms of Fantasy production but playoffs schedule to me gives the edge to Rodgers.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
I honestly like Drew Brees more as a QB. With that said, and it might be way to early to look into it, Aaron Rodgers has a very nice playoff schedule. @Detroit, @New England(just lost their #1 CB to the IR) and then home against the Giants. 3 very suspect pass defenses IMO. Drew doesn't have the toughest playoff schedule himself vs. STL, @Balt and then @Atlanta but IMO Rodgers clearly has an easier one.

Obviously you have to get to the playoffs but when trying to decide between two elite players like this I like to look ahead a little bit(or a lot in this case). During the season I don't think there will that much of a difference between the two in terms of Fantasy production but playoffs schedule to me gives the edge to Rodgers.

good insight boise, thanks brotha
Originally posted by RonMexico:

good insight boise, thanks brotha

No problem.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Just to play devils advocate - you could make an argument that, that schedule favors Brees. Rodgers might be playing in snow at home and at NE. Whereas, Brees might play only 1 game in snow in the playoffs.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Rodgers isnt on the cover of Madden....
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Just to play devils advocate - you could make an argument that, that schedule favors Brees. Rodgers might be playing in snow at home and at NE. Whereas, Brees might play only 1 game in snow in the playoffs.

True but I would be more worried about snowy conditions if it weren't Aaron Rodgers. He's grown accustomed to playing in cool weather games and he's played well. In fact he's been better in his career in games in 60 degree weather or less compared to warmer weather games. I would be more worried about snow if Drew Brees as a dome guy had to play the same schedule.

You do make a good point though. The one thing i do like a lot about Brees' schedule is the Championship matchup against the Falcons. He has owned them in the past.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Brees in real life

Rodgers in fantasy
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

True but I would be more worried about snowy conditions if it weren't Aaron Rodgers. He's grown accustomed to playing in cool weather games and he's played well. In fact he's been better in his career in games in 60 degree weather or less compared to warmer weather games. I would be more worried about snow if Drew Brees as a dome guy had to play the same schedule.

You do make a good point though. The one thing i do like a lot about Brees' schedule is the Championship matchup against the Falcons. He has owned them in the past.

Yea...it comes down to preference IMO. You can't go wrong with either guy. I feel more safe someone playing in the dome just because - weather wise nothing can go wrong. Whereas, even if Rodgers is used to snow - it can snow so much to a point where it's tough for WRs to catch and if it's super-windy - it can be a low scoring game.

Yea...it comes down to preference IMO. You can't go wrong with either guy. I feel more safe someone playing in the dome just because - weather wise nothing can go wrong. Whereas, even if Rodgers is used to snow - it can snow so much to a point where it's tough for WRs to catch and if it's super-windy - it can be a low scoring game.

Guessing the playoffs is a crap shoot anyways. New Orleans could have everything wrapped up like they did last year, and Brees could be completely useless to you.

Share 49ersWebzone