LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Looking ahead to Week 1!

Just wanted to hear some opinions from fellow zoners on which two RBs to start for week 1.

Standard scoring league, no PPR.

Michael Turner @ Pit

Jahvid Best vs. Chi

Beanie Wells @ StL

I really hesitate to sit Turner ever, but @ Pit is a really tough match-up for any back. Wells @ StL looks like a great match-up, but he got dinged up last night in their preseason game. I really like Best, but not sure what to expect from him as a rookie, or from that Detroit offense.

How would you guys play this week?

Thanks in advance.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Pernsonally, I'd for sure go best. turner is a no go regardless. I would as of right now pick me up a WW RB just in case Beanie can't go in week 1. That is if there is a WW RB I'd feel had a favorable enough matchup to start for week 1. That has potential to get more than the 50 yards i'd expect from Turner.

Now if beanie is Fine, then Best and Beanie.
Originally posted by krizay:
Pernsonally, I'd for sure go best. turner is a no go regardless. I would as of right now pick me up a WW RB just in case Beanie can't go in week 1. That is if there is a WW RB I'd feel had a favorable enough matchup to start for week 1. That has potential to get more than the 50 yards i'd expect from Turner.

I am certainly leaning towards what you just said. I also have LT on my bench, not sure if I like him over Turner though. WW is pretty damn thin, so I think I'll just hope Wells recovers enough during this lengthy off time before week one to play.

Thanks for the input.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by krizay:

I am certainly leaning towards what you just said. I also have LT on my bench, not sure if I like him over Turner though. WW is pretty damn thin, so I think I'll just hope Wells recovers enough during this lengthy off time before week one to play.

Thanks for the input.

Well if you have a roster spot open. Or dead weight at the bottom of the bench i'd take one of the Taylors. Fred vs Cincy or Chester vs DET. With me choosing Fred. Don't think he gets more than 50 yards or much more than 50. But I can see Fred scoring a TD. To which 50 yds and 1 td I could live with. With the worst case scenario being the same thing I feel Turner would get ya!

Obviously just my opinion. but that's how i'd do it.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Just wanted to hear some opinions from fellow zoners on which two RBs to start for week 1.

Standard scoring league, no PPR.

Michael Turner @ Pit

Jahvid Best vs. Chi

Beanie Wells @ StL

I really hesitate to sit Turner ever, but @ Pit is a really tough match-up for any back. Wells @ StL looks like a great match-up, but he got dinged up last night in their preseason game. I really like Best, but not sure what to expect from him as a rookie, or from that Detroit offense.

How would you guys play this week?

Thanks in advance.

Beanie might be a little bit limited week 1, plus its tough to bench your studs in fantasy. I try not to unless they are hurt.
Thanks for the input from all.

From everything I've read about Wells health and the RB situation there in AZ, I've decided to stick with Best and Turner.

Praying it's the right decision. Plus, now I don't have to cheer for a Cardinal player!
Share 49ersWebzone