There are 222 users in the forums

What Do You Think Of This Trade Proposal?

If he's offering D. Jackson to you for the pick, and he really covets R. Mathews, then start breaking his balls. Try to get Jackson and some.

If it were me Id either take Mathews or get at least 1 premium player + 1 very solid player via trade. It sounds like you need to aquire as much talent as possible, so the only way I do the trade is if I were to get 2 players.

Ryan Mathews is a very high premium player for a dynasty league.
In a dynasty league, you should be able to get more for Mathews. He is prime beef. I do like the longevity of WRs, but Mathews is solid.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
If he's offering D. Jackson to you for the pick, and he really covets R. Mathews, then start breaking his balls. Try to get Jackson and some.

If it were me Id either take Mathews or get at least 1 premium player + 1 very solid player via trade. It sounds like you need to aquire as much talent as possible, so the only way I do the trade is if I were to get 2 players.

I agree with everything you guys above are saying. What you said is pretty much exactly what I told him before I started this thread. I told him I want something else with Djax. Ryan is a late 1st or early 2nd rd pick and djax is an early 3rd. He insisted on Djax alone so I told him I can't make that deal. This is my first year in a dynasty league so I wanted to make sure I was being reasonable with my expectations of what the 1st pick should fetch.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

I agree with everything you guys above are saying. What you said is pretty much exactly what I told him before I started this thread. I told him I want something else with Djax. Ryan is a late 1st or early 2nd rd pick and djax is an early 3rd. He insisted on Djax alone so I told him I can't make that deal. This is my first year in a dynasty league so I wanted to make sure I was being reasonable with my expectations of what the 1st pick should fetch.

Well played sir!
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I took over a bad team in a dynasty league. I have 1st pick and a guy offered DeSean Jackson for my first pick (basically Ryan Matthews for DeSean Jackson). Would any of you take the deal?

It's a ppr 16 team league. Both my running backs and receivers suck so the players I already have will not impact my decision.

Depends on the rest of your roster... how bad are you?

My running backs are Marion barber, Ahmad Bradshaw, and portis. My receivers are Lee Evans, lance Moore, and Kevin Curtis. The only good player is Phillip rivers. I don't know what the original owner was thinking.

Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I took over a bad team in a dynasty league. I have 1st pick and a guy offered DeSean Jackson for my first pick (basically Ryan Matthews for DeSean Jackson). Would any of you take the deal?

It's a ppr 16 team league. Both my running backs and receivers suck so the players I already have will not impact my decision.

Depends on the rest of your roster... how bad are you?

My running backs are Marion barber, Ahmad Bradshaw, and portis. My receivers are Lee Evans, lance Moore, and Kevin Curtis. The only good player is Phillip rivers. I don't know what the original owner was thinking.

first thing you shold do is get on your waiver wire and clean up the mess you inherited, ala Pres Obama.

clean house and start from scratch. and if you plan to stay with this dynasty league for more than this year, then Ryan mathews may be the player you need most.

i like the idea of trading back in your draft if there are any decent targets available. trade your 1 for someone else's 5 or 6 and let them get mathews. you get a primetime wr (crabtree) and the 5th pick you can spend on a rb like arian foster.

be sure to keep bradshaw this year, word is he'll be starting for nyg. portis may surprise you too.
Share 49ersWebzone